Magnaflow 15821 Install help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm installing the magnaflow si/so on the 2004 f-150. I'm having trouble torquing the provided clamps down enough to get a snug fit. Has anybody else had this problem? How did you get it to tighten?
Thanks

Old 08-13-2005, 08:43 PM

I just installed this on my 04 crew. I tightened everything with my air ratchet and it was a breeze. I dont really like how the last tail piece sits though. I can pull on the tip and lift up and down. The clamps are tight but it sits funny in the rubber hanger and this is where it can move up and down with force.

I wouldnt want anything louder thats for sure. I have more noise and drone in the cabin than my research here and elsewhere would indicate. I am not sure if I am going to like it or not. I also noticed no performance increases in the seat of the pants dyno.

It sounds killer when my wife sped off in her tonight. I guess a few thousand miles will give a more accuate opinion.

Hope this helps others

Old 08-13-2005, 11:19 PM
I did not have an air ratchet handy, and man what a pain in the @ss. Using a regular ratchet, the magnaflow clamps are impossible to close!! I got fed up with them after two of the bolts snapped in half.... So I took the system over to a local muffler shop and forked over the doe to have them weld it on. Once the bright side, I know that SOB is not coming off!! As for the tone, it is a bit loud for my tastes. If this is one of the quieter systems, I'd like to hear what the louder ones sound like.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow 15821 Install help!!