What IMCO Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005 | 07:03 PM
|
Question What IMCO Muffler

Hey i have had a 01Supercab with the flowmaster 40 series and i did not think that it was loud enough. I just got an 04 Crewcab 4x4 and i am trying to decide what to put on it. I have heard that the imco muffler is pretty loud and of good quality. So what i wanted to know is which one is going to be the best for my truck? I am also open to any other suggestions. Thanks for your help.

Old 08-13-2005 | 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by 04LariatCrew4x4
Hey i have had a 01Supercab with the flowmaster 40 series and i did not think that it was loud enough. I just got an 04 Crewcab 4x4 and i am trying to decide what to put on it. I have heard that the imco muffler is pretty loud and of good quality. So what i wanted to know is which one is going to be the best for my truck? I am also open to any other suggestions. Thanks for your help.

imco isnt as loud but they do perform about twice as well at flowmasters do... u can go to their website and head some exhaust clips i think its www.grabthepower.com

Old 08-13-2005 | 07:50 PM
exx
Ive got a flowmaster original 40 2 1/1" dual in, 3" single out which sounds really good, anything less id be disappointed with, Id definately go with flowmaster man, original 40 american thunder, super 40 which is also supposed to be loud and maybe a 40 delta flow which is supposed to be loud with just a quieter interior resonance. My setup is loud, really deep and loud you hear and feel my truck pulling up.

Last edited by exx; 08-13-2005 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2005 | 08:56 PM
FasterF150, the dual chamber IMCO similar to the 40 Series is not as loud. The 1-chamber IMCO is much louder and deeper. I have the 1-chamber IMCO on my truck and it's nearly twice as loud as the 40 Series Flowmaster I had on my truck before it. The Flowmaster was dumped and it still is no comparison to the IMCO 1-chamber with pipe behind my rear tire. It's very deep and very loud, but still very smooth and it sounds great. I gained back the torque I lost with the Flowmaster as well. Go to www.grabthepower.com to hear some IMCO sound clips. These mufflers blow Slowmaster out of the water.

Old 08-13-2005 | 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by fourpointsix
FasterF150, the dual chamber IMCO similar to the 40 Series is not as loud. The 1-chamber IMCO is much louder and deeper. I have the 1-chamber IMCO on my truck and it's nearly twice as loud as the 40 Series Flowmaster I had on my truck before it. The Flowmaster was dumped and it still is no comparison to the IMCO 1-chamber with pipe behind my rear tire. It's very deep and very loud, but still very smooth and it sounds great. I gained back the torque I lost with the Flowmaster as well. Go to www.grabthepower.com to hear some IMCO sound clips. These mufflers blow Slowmaster out of the water.

i have the extreme pefromance single chambers same size as the normal super 40' flowmaster is only with a single baffle so its not as loud but flows very well

Old 08-13-2005 | 10:47 PM
There you go. FasterF150, those have 2 chambers. The 1 chamber, like the one I have, is 6 inches long. It's less than half the length of the 40 Series Flowmaster. The IMCOs that are the same size are dual chamber IMCOs.

Here is an illustration:

IMCO 1-chamber

or

IMCO 2-chamber

I'm not sure what inlet size you are using, but that is the general idea.

Quick Reply: What IMCO Muffler