Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust System

Acmetruckparts.com has a few systems I've been looking at. Wondering what you guys thought. They are made by Heartthrob and are all cat-back duals. One system is a 3" in 2 1/4" out with a turbo muffler for 185 bucks. Includes all the clamps and hangers and such. The next is a 3" in 3" out with a turbo muffler for 199 bucks. Comes with everything. The last one is a dual-cat back with black tips and the tips are glass-pack mufflers for $184. What do you think? Are they worth it? Seems like a pretty good price to me.

Old 08-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Anyone with any thoughts?

Old 08-30-2005, 05:20 PM
I'll give it a shot here. Doesn't look like they're stainless - just the tips. Also, no muffler included - just the packs in the tips. So, basically, you're getting a bunch of steel pipes. I wouldn't necessarily compare that to a $450 after-cat system with the stainless pipes and muffler. The price is reasonable, but I don't think we're apples to apples here. It's also a question of longevity. I'm not sure how these pipes would hold up to the abuse of roadsalt or chemicals in winter. Do you get much snow there in KY? If not, maybe it's not an issue.

And I thought that acmetruckparts.com was where Wile E. Coyote got parts for his 4x4!

Old 09-05-2005, 07:53 AM
At that price range I'd ujst get one from Summit or Jegs. Cheaper, and I would bet that both systems come from one manufacturer.

Quick Reply: Exhaust System