Time To choose... Bassani, Borla, Or MagnaFlow

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005 | 03:43 PM
|
Time To choose... Bassani, Borla, Or MagnaFlow

Based on all the feedback I have been reading, who is happy with their current setup between the manufacturers I have listed. I am looking for more sound, but not a deep rumbling drown like I have in my car. All three seem to be pretty comparable, but which would be the consensus preferred exhaust? I was leaning on Bassani, but recently have heard some bad reviews and am beginning to sway more towards the MagnaFlow. Horsepower is not a concern, I am looking primarily for a noticable change in tone.

Old 09-05-2005 | 04:29 PM
Magnaflow or Flowmaster. Out of these two, I'd probably go with Magnaflow.

Old 09-05-2005 | 04:50 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by thereisnospoon
Magnaflow or Flowmaster. Out of these two, I'd probably go with Magnaflow.

I'd say Flowmaster.. I'm just a flowmaster fan

Old 09-07-2005 | 12:35 PM
|
Don't get me wrong, I love Flowmaster, I have it on my Saleen, but I don't really want the drowning sound at 2000rpm when I'm at cruising speed. Which type of Flowmaster are you using. 2 or 3 chamber, or is there a different type used for trucks?

Old 09-07-2005 | 02:06 PM
The Flowmaster system on the F-150 aren't really as loud as you think. I have it on my truck and love it. The system comes with a 3 chamber muffler, but I swapped it out for the 2 chamber Super-40. Even with the Super-40 on, it is not very loud inside the truck at all. No drown at all, but sounds perfect outside. The muffler that comes in the kit sounds like it is exactly what your looking for. You won't be disappointed. Just my opinion.

Old 09-07-2005 | 02:20 PM
Borla!

Old 09-07-2005 | 03:31 PM
Magnaflow! You will thank me later!

Old 09-07-2005 | 04:27 PM
bassani sounds best

Old 09-07-2005 | 08:05 PM
Magnaflow is the music to my ears. Everytime I start it up and take off, it puts a smile on my face. "Priceless"

Old 09-07-2005 | 08:54 PM
What about power loss. Don't get me wrong but if you put something on your truck that only makes it louder but losses power then isn't that about as rice as a civic with a fart can exhaust. Belive me I want an awsome exhaust system on my truck but I don't want to sacrifice ANY power because of it.

Old 09-07-2005 | 09:52 PM
I've got the Bassani and LOVE it! Exactly what I was looking for. A buddy and I have almost the same truck and we have raced from day one. All of our mods are the same except he has Magnaflow SI/SO and I have Bassani SI/SO. I have always beat him by virtually the same amount (we count down the "GO" together on the cell phone for consistency) and since the exhaust this has remained the same. So performance appears equal. Now he is considering selling the Magnaflow and getting Bassani. The tones are pretty similar, with the Bassani being just a HAIR quieter. We both agree that the Bassani would be characterised as maybe a "classier, mellower" tone when crusing and around town. They sound almost the same when getting on it.

The fit and finish was PERFECT on the Bassani, and the Magnaflow was very good too. I kinda like that my truck doesn't sound the same as SO many that are out there with Magnaflow. If I had to do it again today I would get the Bassani again.

Old 09-08-2005 | 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Casey05
What about power loss. Don't get me wrong but if you put something on your truck that only makes it louder but losses power then isn't that about as rice as a civic with a fart can exhaust. Belive me I want an awsome exhaust system on my truck but I don't want to sacrifice ANY power because of it.

magnaflow sells the fart can exhaust "straight through design"
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=386 so would u prefer to put exhaust on ur truck from a company that does not market exhaust for "ricers" or put exhaust on from a company that doesnt not....

Old 09-08-2005 | 09:14 PM
I don't care who sells what. All I'm looking for is an exhaust for my truck that sounds good and performs better. What I mean by performs better is; more horsepower, more torque throughout the rpm range, and a slight improvement in MPG.(If I can keep my foot out of it)

To be honest I just sold my 04 Subaru WRX to buy this truck. One thing I never did was modify it in any way that did not enhance the performance first. Things I did were; Installing a Cobb Accessport (Highly recommend if you own a Subaru anything), Short Shifter, Boost gauge, intake modifications, and a flowmaster series 40 muffler.

My main concern is that I have read on this forum that some guys seem to be lossing some low end torque by installing an exhaust system. I don't want that.

Old 09-09-2005 | 02:23 AM
Originally Posted by Faster150
magnaflow sells the fart can exhaust "straight through design"
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=386 so would u prefer to put exhaust on ur truck from a company that does not market exhaust for "ricers" or put exhaust on from a company that doesnt not....
LOL !!!!!!!!! Your english is a little hard to understand but I think i get your point ... I still dont know which companies don't offer import exhaust?

These do:
Borla: http://www.borla.com/applications/lo...System/140073/

DynoMax:
http://www.dynomax.com/documents/pas...mitsubishi.pdf

FlowMaster:
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...&keyword=honda

You can keep searching and you WILL find more ... I dont really get your point? MagnaFlow makes non-import parts as well ... are you so close minded to exclude a good part for such a irrelivant reason?

Here is a review on the power gains of the MagnaFlow from an independant company (not MagnaFlow): http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi...atalogno=15609

Standard Magnaflow mufflers here:
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=386

Last edited by btlfed1500; 09-09-2005 at 11:56 PM.
Old 09-09-2005 | 11:21 PM
Who cares if they sell import exhuasts?

Quick Reply: Time To choose... Bassani, Borla, Or MagnaFlow