Prices on a Banks Monster for 05 F150

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005 | 08:30 PM
|
Prices on a Banks Monster for 05 F150

If you have a Banks Monster, where did you get it from, and what did you pay for it? First and foremost, how do you like it?

Old 09-07-2005 | 07:42 PM
Got it at performanceproducts.com for $453.97 shipped. I absolutely love it, it makes the truck look complete cuz i hated the tiny muffler tip that came with the truck. Its DEEP and throaty at startup and gives a nice resonating sound at idle. If you press on the pedal you can see the backfire crap come out of it, looks pretty bad *** IMO. When first installed it was dronish at around 2000rpm which i hated cuz i cruise at 75mph and thats right where it is. But after like 700 miles that drone became almost nothing at highway speeds but you can still notice it city driving. Keep in mind that i also have a Volant CAI so im sure that helps with the breathing. Almost forgot, I KNOW i gained low end torque becuase my truck would have trouble at first going up a slight ramp if i didnt have my foot pushing a little on the peddle but now after the install the truck just climbs up the ramp without my foot having to tap it. As for MPG...lol.. i would have to say that it went to hell due mainly to the fact that i am more willing to pushed the peddle more frequently. Get it, you wont be dissapointed. By the way im new to the forum, hello everyone.

Hope yall like!!!
Will post more pics of my setup after it comes out of the shop. The car got T-boned by an *** that ran a redlight drunk with no insurance.

Last edited by chinke82; 09-07-2005 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-08-2005 | 01:32 AM
|
chinke, I really appreciate the information. I have made numerous posting regarding this exhaust and never received any quality responses, until now. I just ordered from proficient performance. $431 shipped to my door. I shall count the days. Thanks again.

Old 09-08-2005 | 01:15 PM
golferdude1971...

Please post you Banks experience here. How it arrived, quality, installation issues and Please get us a good sound clip of that thing!

Old 09-08-2005 | 08:46 PM
|
This afternoon I received a call from Proficient performance and they said that they don't stock it. I got my money back, and now Im about to call performanceproducts.com. I laugh when an online reatiler will display that an item is in stock, only to be that they drop ship the damn thing. What a waste of my time.

Old 09-09-2005 | 12:03 AM
your going to love it... wait till you see the pipings and compare them to stock. They are ****ing huge. Another great thing that i like is that the tip is actually welded on.

Quick Reply: Prices on a Banks Monster for 05 F150