Exhaust Setup-Side Exit,Stock location

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006 | 09:08 AM
|
Exhaust Setup-Side Exit,Stock location

I am between a 18" and 14" SI/So muffler right now to put in place of my stock location muffler. Currently my exhaust exites before passenger side tire. And i plan to leave it that way...just add a nice tip of some sort.

It is hard to get a good idea of sound to expect from either muffler. Lots of sound clips of cat backs out the rear, but i am yet to find one of side exit with siumilar muffler setup.

Will the 14" really be that loud with a side exit like this? will i be able to talk in the cab and not go deaf? Or will the 18" still be the best bet for a setup like this? I want a nice deep tone...and be able to really hear the exhaust when i get on it and at idle, but i don't wnat to go deaf in the cab doing this. Have a child to carry around in here at times....

any advice on this?

Old 01-30-2006 | 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Spl170s
I am between a 18" and 14" SI/So muffler right now to put in place of my stock location muffler. Currently my exhaust exites before passenger side tire. And i plan to leave it that way...just add a nice tip of some sort.

It is hard to get a good idea of sound to expect from either muffler. Lots of sound clips of cat backs out the rear, but i am yet to find one of side exit with siumilar muffler setup.

Will the 14" really be that loud with a side exit like this? will i be able to talk in the cab and not go deaf? Or will the 18" still be the best bet for a setup like this? I want a nice deep tone...and be able to really hear the exhaust when i get on it and at idle, but i don't wnat to go deaf in the cab doing this. Have a child to carry around in here at times....

any advice on this?
if you are worried about noise, then go with teh 18" or possibly the 24". There have been recent threads on this topic that might be more helpful

Old 01-31-2006 | 08:49 PM
I have the 18" magnaflow on my 04 screw with the 4.6. The sound is awesome. I wouldnt want it any louder thats for sure as there is some cabin drone during acceleration and at freeway speeds. I wouldnt want it any quieter either. I like it alot. It is the siso cat back..

Old 02-01-2006 | 08:31 AM
|
Well, i got a deal on a 14" SS from a forum member. I am going to give it a try. If it is too loud then i can always get a 18" afterward.

Thing is that everyones definition of loud is to their own taste. What may be loud to some people isn't loud at all to others....

i will let you guys know what i have

Quick Reply: Exhaust Setup-Side Exit,Stock location