new maganflow true dual exhaust on

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006 | 08:21 PM
|
new maganflow true dual exhaust on

i had my new exhaust finally installed -went with maganaflow components mike troyer suggested-used 2 1/4" ss tubing to kepp torque as my van is heavy-7500lbs!-no drone whatsoever-in comparison to my 15609 magnaflow 3" single kit that was on my 03 f-150-this is way deeper and more musclecar sounding-i couldn't do a 45 degree exit behind each tire due to clearance issues-notice the oem y-pipe how the driver's side pipe actaully blocks off flow from the passenger sides bank-phil

Old 02-25-2006 | 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by openclasspro#11
i had my new exhaust finally installed -went with maganaflow components mike troyer suggested-used 2 1/4" ss tubing to kepp torque as my van is heavy-7500lbs!-no drone whatsoever-in comparison to my 15609 magnaflow 3" single kit that was on my 03 f-150-this is way deeper and more musclecar sounding-i couldn't do a 45 degree exit behind each tire due to clearance issues-notice the oem y-pipe how the driver's side pipe actaully blocks off flow from the passenger sides bank-phil
Got any pictures of this van?

Old 02-25-2006 | 08:42 PM
|
yes

yes-i just created a GALLERy-how do i post pics in threads?

Old 02-25-2006 | 09:01 PM
|
info

hope this works
[url]https://www.f150online.com/galleries/mygallery.cfm?gnum=7298[url]

Old 02-25-2006 | 09:03 PM
|
pics

my gallery # is 7298-how can i post the pics here in this post?

Old 02-25-2006 | 09:23 PM
|
?

hope this works
[url]https://www.f150online.com/galleries/mygallery.cfm?gnum=7298[url]
{https://www.f150online.com/galleries/mygallery.cfm?gnum=7298}

Old 02-26-2006 | 04:02 PM
Openclasspro, you have to put the picture's URL between tags like these [img][/img] - you cant link to a whole gallery either, you have to click on the thumbnails in your gallery to get the full size picture, then right click on the picture, click Properties, and copy and past the url into the tags.

There are a couple pics, Ill let you post the rest you can get the hang of it.

Looks good though Did you notice any difference in power?

Old 02-28-2006 | 11:54 PM
|
thanks bartak

thanks bartak,my pc skills are horrible-lol
i have about 250 miles on since install-
i noticed no loss of low end tq-especially at part throttle,stronger mid on up
now that i have miles on it-stronger on low end- main reason i went with 2.25" instead of 2.5"-i'm going to change air box and tiny *** snorkel that plugs into upper rad support-this should help out mid on up breathing capabilities-installing ud pullies then heading to troyer dyno days to get datalogged and on dyno to make sure air fuel is dead nuts on by the way i strictly use sunoco 93-even though temps have been low here on this tank of gas-roughly averaging1.5-2.0 mpg better-maybe cause my van has alot of empty cabin space in the back-i don't have any drone but maybe since i used the smallest 14x9 body oval mufflers - i do here alot of performance sound through the van-no resonance mind you,i had a friend do a wot pull a way and a wot drive by-and for having 4 oem cats on-sounds mean as hell-i'll post more after a couple of tanks-also with x pipe on - no popping after revving or upon deceleration after wot -even after leaving in 1 st gear and running to redline and letting of gas-very pleased to say the least-phil

Old 03-03-2006 | 09:17 PM
|
update

one thing is engine breaking! ther is much less-,it holds speed much better once i let off gas-power is DEFINETELY stronger on bottom-not too mention-mid on-up these mufflers maybe since it is true duals or the x-pipe-but is definetely loud on the outside-i'll try to get some drive by and accelerating and rev sound bytes posted-phil

Old 03-04-2006 | 06:13 AM
|
also

forgot to mention ,on my 03 5.4-when i took off 15609 when i traded it in,i ran with no exhaust on till i had oem hooked back up to the intermediate pipe-this setup is louder [in a good way] compared to how my f-150 sounded with just that 2' piece of 2.5" coming out of the cat-phil

Old 03-07-2006 | 06:59 AM
|
power

it was about 36 outside last night- yesterday- i took off the restrictive snorkel and cut the front section of the air cleaner to open it up to expose the amsoil filter to more air[i know hot underhood air]-but with my exhaust flowing so well now-i figured i'd experiment-getting on the turnpike i put the hammer down-i was very impressed how hard she pulled well over a hundred-i'm getting a friend who works with fiberglass to fab up a air box to seal up against my hood[which is fibergalss]gonna fab up a cowl style hood scoop for it -should help out in summer-sure curious the numbers it puts down on troyer's dyno at next dyno days -gonna do ud pullies and possibly fans then call it a day-phil

Old 03-07-2006 | 10:00 PM
Sounds nice. Good work on the van

Old 03-27-2006 | 06:53 PM
Hey Phil,

I talked to Mike for a while today about your setup, and now I plan on doing the exact same thing to my truck.

Just out of curiousity, is there any reason you went with the offset/offset muffler? From your pics it looks like you could have went with a center/offset unit.

Kinda curious to how much you paid for everything with installation too.

thanks man.

Old 03-28-2006 | 12:44 PM
i figured i'd experiment-getting on the turnpike i put the hammer down-i was very impressed how hard she pulled well over a hundred-
you took your 7500# vangina over 100mph?!

Old 03-28-2006 | 11:15 PM
|
?

Originally Posted by Rock Krusher
Hey Phil,

I talked to Mike for a while today about your setup, and now I plan on doing the exact same thing to my truck.

Just out of curiousity, is there any reason you went with the offset/offset muffler? From your pics it looks like you could have went with a center/offset unit.

Kinda curious to how much you paid for everything with installation too.

thanks man.
thats what numbers mike suggested-he runs those on his 01 L
i'll have to look exhaust parts up- i went with 2.25 for max tq retention-plus it won's be sc-ed ever
it's loud like a musclecar-big block 60's sound
if you want quiet go with 18 or 24" bigger body mufflers-phil

Quick Reply: new maganflow true dual exhaust on