Which exhaust is for me?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006 | 05:04 PM
|
Which exhaust is for me?

Alrighty.. 2005 f150 4.6 2wd
Im looking to put an exhaust on my truck, si/do exiting before the rear tire on the passenger side. I want it to be quiet, but noticeable. I realize that magnaflow makes something for just what i want, but it seems pricy. Can any muffler be exited before the rear tire, or will the bend on the pipes be too severe and damper performance.

If you have any pics of tips on your truck, post em up!

Old 03-11-2006 | 05:14 PM
Just buy your muffler of choice and get your local muffler shop to bend and run the pipes wherever you want. Make sure they mandrel bend the pipes though, keeps from crimping the pipes causing restriction. Do not go any larger than 2.5" pipes exiting. Anything larger and you risk not enough back pressure resulting in lose of low end torque.

The thing about the Magnaflow is that its all stainless and won't rust out over time.

Last edited by ParkM; 03-11-2006 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-11-2006 | 09:20 PM
You should not encounter any problems with a side exit (that I know of).

I now have a magnaflow and it has a nice sound. Although I wish there it was a TAD louder but not as loud as the flowmasster 50 delta that I had.

On my last three trucks, i have installed a SI/DO 3" in and 2x2.5 exit. I have been pleased with all three (the first one was a Gibson (really liked that one)).

For my next muffler, I am considering a 3" in and out, exiting in front of the rear wheel (similar to what you are thinking).

Quick Reply: Which exhaust is for me?