Flowmaster vs. Magnaflow vs. Borla

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006 | 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by dsgfx4
You don't see many trucks with the Borla because there isn't anyone who wants to pay for them. If you "pony" up for a Borla you will be happy. They are not loud, but sound great. No offense to anyone, but I don't like the redneck glasspacks or straight pipes that everyone and their brother have on their z-71. I have the single side outlet on my truck and really like it. The wife doesn't complain because of noise either.
I agree!

Old 03-29-2006 | 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by 20027700F150
Just put on a Flowmaster 40 series SI-DO and it sounds great. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend doing the same to yours.
Good Luck with whatever you choose, and save for extra gas money your heavy foot will need.
Hi.

Jeez - you live in the same salt-happy environment I do - better stock up on mufflers, 'cause it's going to rust out on ya .

Around here, most intersections have little pyramids of salt where the lazy bums who drive the trucks stop and don't turn off the equipment. Also there's always a pile near most coffe/donut stops. And I have a miniature mountain at the end of my street every snow day. It's like they get this stuff for free or something.

Best bet up here is to run stainlesss, IMHO.

Cheers
Grog

Old 03-30-2006 | 08:58 AM
Borla is at the top! I LOVE my Borla cat-back. It has a deep and powerful sound. If you are truly looking for a quality exhaust then Borla is your choice. Not to mention it has a million mile warranty. You cant get any better than that!

Last edited by amac110; 03-30-2006 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-30-2006 | 09:25 AM
I will add my 2 cents as I am what you would call a qualified expert. I have had all three mentioned on my 04 super. I went with FlowMaster 40's in the end with 3 inch exhaust all the way through... I get more comments on my truck from people who love the sound. I sold the Borla on Ebay and threw away the MagnaFlow (except for the tips).

Old 03-30-2006 | 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by Rodius
I will add my 2 cents as I am what you would call a qualified expert. I have had all three mentioned on my 04 super. I went with FlowMaster 40's in the end with 3 inch exhaust all the way through... I get more comments on my truck from people who love the sound. I sold the Borla on Ebay and threw away the MagnaFlow (except for the tips).
Flowmaster
Now I must ask, why exactly did you choose the Flowmaster? Sound? Performance? What systems did you have (SI/SO, SI/DO, etc.)?

Old 03-30-2006 | 02:23 PM
Every magnaflow clip that I have heard sounds a little weak. Everyone has a different idea of what they like. Your "too loud" is my "not loud enough". I have 2 40 series flows that exit right in front of the right wheel. Sounds nice starting, running, and cruising. Go with what your pocket book will allow. If you arent happy, save up and try again.

Old 03-30-2006 | 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Henry1976
Every magnaflow clip that I have heard sounds a little weak. Everyone has a different idea of what they like. Your "too loud" is my "not loud enough". I have 2 40 series flows that exit right in front of the right wheel. Sounds nice starting, running, and cruising. Go with what your pocket book will allow. If you arent happy, save up and try again.
We say that all the time, and yet the argument still continues. To each his own.

Quick Reply: Flowmaster vs. Magnaflow vs. Borla