Making the Switch from Flowmaster to Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006 | 12:14 AM
|
Making the Switch from Flowmaster to Magnaflow

I am officially making the switch from Flowmaster to Magnaflow. I have a 2005Screw with 5.4. I have a Dual In/Dual Out Flowmaster on it right now.

I have to admit when I first got the Flowmaster installed that it sounded really awesome. But I have noticed over the last 6 months that it doesn't sound aggressive as it used to. Maybe it is worn in or something but it doesn't sound like it used to.

Now my brother just bought a 02 GMC Sierra with the 4.8L and he got the Superchips tuner and Airforce One intake put on. He also got a Dual In/Dual Out Magnaflow muffler. This thing sounds friggin awesome. It doesn't idle really loud but when you get down on that b_tch it rumbles. Mine didn't sound like that when I first got it. So I have made the switch. I took it to the shop today and I am trading the Flowmaster for the Magnaflow.

Im hoping mine will sound as aggressive as his does. I have the XCal2 and KN Intake on it as well.

Old 04-04-2006 | 12:06 PM
I'm about to put a flowmaster dual exhaust on my '03 ext. cab, wonder if I'll have the same problem you did?

Old 04-04-2006 | 02:34 PM
Thumbs up

^^^^Go with a single in/dual out Flowmaster and you should not have a problem. Mine sounds the same as the day I got it. Flowmaster is known for a good sound.

Old 04-04-2006 | 03:21 PM
After 5 years of use, I switched from a SIDO Flowmaster to a SIDO Magnaflow. Couldn't be happier and wished I would have done it sooner. I didn't realized what people were talking about when mentioning the lose of low end torque until the Magnaflow was installed. All the dfference in the world. The sound is more of a deep, big block tone, not as aggressive as the Flowmaster. No droning inside at all. Well worth it.

Old 04-04-2006 | 03:36 PM
|
I have had the Magnaflow on for about a week now and I am glad that I switched. No cab droning and while the sound is not as aggressive at idle, it sounds really good when you get down on it. I'm glad I made the switch.

Old 04-04-2006 | 05:38 PM
MJN
Hey guys are you talking about a cat back system on the Magnaflow or just there muffler and then custom made. I ask because I want to do just a muffler replace and leave the stock system but end up with a nice idle and when I get on it hear it with no drone. What muffler do you guys have, whats the length?

Quick Reply: Making the Switch from Flowmaster to Magnaflow