help me get this exhaust system ideas straight.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006 | 03:29 PM
|
help me get this exhaust system ideas straight.

Ok well i have been reading all of the flowmaster loses you power and magnaflow gains you power. Ok but all of those posts are pretty much in reference to hooking those systems up to the new 3 valve 5.4 liter V8s. I do not have a new f150 i still have the generation before (2 valsve i think) So My question is. Is all this the same that if i got a flowmaster exhaust system i would lose power as opposed to going with magnaflow i would gain power? What i am trying to accomplish with gettina n exhaust is getting that nice v8 tone. Not so much gain power i just do not want to lose any. thanks guys.
Sorry for the long post yall. just tring to figure it all out. P.S. I am looking at the singlein dual out exhaust system from flowmaster (17226)

Old 04-05-2006 | 04:37 PM
I would go with the magnaflow for a few reasons. You gain power, the sound is nice and quieter than flowmaster but not by a lot and the magnaflows are stainless which unless your truck sees summer for 365 days or at least no salt. Winters are not kind to aluminized steel.

Old 04-05-2006 | 06:27 PM
Flowmaster comes in SS now, I have one on my 04. Both my 04 and previous 97 had FM. I never noticed any loss on either of them. The gain in my opinion was small, however the sound was great in my opinion.

Norm

Old 04-06-2006 | 06:44 AM
Flowmaster mufflers

I think the Flowmaster is the best muffler for the money. The sound is great, but not too much. I cannot with certainty say that I have gained any performance from this muffler, but it sure sounds good.

Old 04-06-2006 | 12:21 PM
Magnaflow

Magnaflow all the way. Nice, deep, rich V8 tone. Contact Mike Troyer at Troyer Performance. He'll get you up and running in no time. Glad I switched from Flowmaster to Magnaflow.

Quick Reply: help me get this exhaust system ideas straight.