Power losses

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006 | 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by 98Navi
I beg to differ. In certain applications, they may not, but in others they will. For example, in my case (although I have been scolded by several for this mod) I add a true dual 3 inch system with hi flow cats and Flowmaster 40 series mufflers. All that piping is exhaling what the powerdyne is huffing down its throat, sometimes upwards of almost 6000 RPM. At 6000 RPM I am sending around 7psi quite forcfully down the throat of this big bastard, and I am sure that with a total of 6 inches of pipe, she can breathe as freely as she wants. Now, the question of torque loss under say 3000rpm, well in my case its really irrelevant. I built this thing to cruise around town and at my own accord, stomp on the throttle and chit out the fools who elect to run against me. Most of the powerband that I care for is well above 3000rpm. Could I benefit for daily driving from say 2.5" pipe? I am sure I could, but my chit sounds mean, acts mean, and scares the hell out of those who are enshrouded in its unspent fuel from behind. And by god I like it that way
..... so it smokes when you stomp the gas?

Old 04-27-2006 | 11:18 PM
Right now it does, cause I have to datalog and send the info to TP for tweaking. But normally, no it doesn't.

Quick Reply: Power losses