Magnaflow Clamp Torque

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006 | 10:26 AM
|
Question Magnaflow Clamp Torque

I just finished installing a Manaflow SISO on my '02 4.6 F150. The sound is great, just what I was looking for. It's not too loud inside. Outside it's definitely there but not too obnoxious. Does any one know of a torque spec. for the 2 1/2 and 3 inch clamps? I have them @ 55 Ft./Lbs. right now.

Old 06-03-2006 | 11:41 AM
If my memory serves me correctly, the torque setting for my Maggie cat-back system was 60 ft.lbs.

Be careful though, because when I did my install, the bolts on several of the clamps twisted off before I could achieve MagnaFlow's recommended torque settings!

In fact, I was so disenchanted with MagnaFlow's factory clamps that I went out and sprung for some stainless steel band clamps at NAPA to replace all of the MagnaFlow clamps. These NAPA clamps are far superior in design and construction to the Magnaflow clamps, and I believe it was money well spent!

If I were you, I'd let your system sit tight at 55 ft.lbs. and wouldn't attempt to torque them down anymore.

FYI -- here is a picture of one of the NAPA clamps installed on my system:

Old 06-03-2006 | 12:12 PM
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by ddellwo
If my memory serves me correctly, the torque setting for my Maggie cat-back system was 60 ft.lbs.

Be careful though, because when I did my install, the bolts on several of the clamps twisted off before I could achieve MagnaFlow's recommended torque settings!

In fact, I was so disenchanted with MagnaFlow's factory clamps that I went out and sprung for some stainless steel band clamps at NAPA to replace all of the MagnaFlow clamps. These NAPA clamps are far superior in design and construction to the Magnaflow clamps, and I believe it was money well spent!

If I were you, I'd let your system sit tight at 55 ft.lbs. and wouldn't attempt to torque them down anymore.

That's a sweet looking clamp!

Old 06-03-2006 | 07:36 PM
|
Those NAPA clamps are nice. I'll have to get myself a set of those. Thanks for the info!

Old 06-05-2006 | 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by ddellwo

FYI the part numiber for NAPA's 2.5" clamp is 7335979.

Last edited by ISNMU; 06-05-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-10-2006 | 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by ISNMU
FYI the part numiber for NAPA's 2.5" clamp is 7335979.
Will stock hangers work? I'll have my Napa clamps tomorrow, kit not for several days. Magnaflow left out the hardware kit in my box and if I don't have to wait for the hangers, I won't.

TIA,
Jeff

EDIT: OK, so the magnaflow.com site has the install instruction sheets that are missing from my shipment. Stock hangers are used, 2.5" clamp for front, 3" clamp for the other two. It goes on tomorrow!

Last edited by jvr-sfbay; 10-10-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-11-2006 | 03:53 PM
I'll chime in with the others who went with Magnaflow. The fit and finish is of excellent quality. Good sound, good looks, and I'm easily 3 seconds faster 0-60 now. Well, ok, maybe not - I only have 6 miles on it.

I ended up having a shop install mine because I did not have the cutting tools necessary to get the factory exhaust removed. Everything was seriously rusted together.

The Napa clamps are real nice also.

Nice rumble on throttle, quiet at idle, and not overbearing in any way. If what I read is true, I can expect some increase in rumble as the miles pile on. It's too early to tell about performance.

Old 10-11-2006 | 05:35 PM
Those clamps are perfect for what I need..

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Clamp Torque