It's the PIPEWORK!! Not the Mflr Manufacterer

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006 | 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by GrandA&TPerform
Thanks! Due to my respect for the site and since I'm not a vendor I won't post any more pics...but, what we do here everyday would "knock your socks off". We do things that you can't get done ANYWHERE!

Thanks again for the compliment.

CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR SHOP TRUCK
where are you located in Marietta?? would like to stop by discuss exhaust options for my screw...

Old 07-29-2006 | 09:27 AM
Here ya go Blue.

Old 07-29-2006 | 02:08 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by expy03
Hey Thumper,

I don't see an "H" pipe on your exhaust. Is it not in the picture or do you not have one?
I do not have an H Pipe, I was considering doing an X-Pipe and still am. The guy who does my exhausts said it really wouldn't make that much of a difference on a 6000 lbs truck but he said he'd do it for me at a later time. I just haven't got around to it.

Originally Posted by BlueOval Breath
Ah Yes!! True Dual exhaust, Nicely done ThumperMX113. That how mine looks , except I did turn mine out the sides thru different style tips. I have pictures in my gallery but just haven't been able to place a link on the thread... That system is called "Custom Made". NO choke point, No "Y" pipe and less restrictive than a SIDO system. I bet it sounds great!!! What type of muffler are you using? Or did you just straight pipe it to the rear? Those tips look great!!! BoB
Im using Flowmaster 40s. Thanks for the compliments. Im really happy with the sound and the performance. I didn't really notice any bottom end loss but did notice an increase in mid-upper power.

Old 07-29-2006 | 03:51 PM
Increase performance of an exhaust system is a function of exhaust gas velocity and flow...a 2 into 1 system tends to have higher gas velocity but less flow...the smaller the pipe size, the higher the velocity, but the lower the flow...it's a fine line...a dual system tends to have high exhaust flow but less gas velocity...

In theory, I see stepping a pipe from 2 1/2 (or 2 1/4" whatever it is) to 3" as a performance improvement...you have the velocity increase in the smaller diameter and a flow increase in the step to the larger diameter...I'm sure Magnaflow and Flowmaster did their homework when designing these catback systems...

Old 07-29-2006 | 06:50 PM
Thanks EXPY03... I appreciate you attaching my pictures to this thread... I do not have an H or X pipe either. My exhaust guy kinda said it would not do much for a full size truck(6K lbs.) but he would add either If I wanted. My truck truck sounds great! I turned the tips out the side thru Z28 style tips. Just to be a little different... Did you see my wrecked 06 Supercrew in my gallery? My wife and I were enroute to NC Outer Banx when some yahoo pulled right out in front of us. The right side frame was bent in two places. Insurance company "Totalled Lossed" the vehicle. I just got my NEW 06(Second Truck) two weeks ago. The exhaust were just done, And I'm having suspension put on it now... I'll post pics of the "Phoenix" when I get it back. Thanks again for helping with the pictures. BoB

Old 07-30-2006 | 08:01 PM
I have a stupid question about the Y-Pipe? First off, I have an '03 F150 with a 5.4L. My truck has an O2 sensor right by the Y and it doesn't look like I can put a new pipe on with out relocating the O2 sensor, what are you doing about that? Is this something that a muffler shop needs to be doing? I was thinking about getting the Flowmaster 3" tailpipe kit along with a new Y-Pipe and doing it myself. Any help would be great!!

Old 07-31-2006 | 02:19 PM
Any exhaust shop can weld a sensor bung for you, so that you can retain your O2 sensors.

Quick Reply: It's the PIPEWORK!! Not the Mflr Manufacterer