True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True Duals

Anyone on here running true duals on their truck? I was wondering if it would be worth it to get those instead of a si/do setup?
Thanks

Old 07-24-2006, 10:57 AM
If you're not worried about your warranty, do the true duals, but I don't think that most ford dealers will honor your warranty with true duals...may be wrong, but that's what I have heard.

Leave the cats alone and keep the warranty...cut the cats, throw away the warranty..._motes

Old 07-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Well I don't have any kind of a warranty so I'm not worried about that but do the true duals sound any better or perform any better than a si/do?

Old 07-25-2006, 10:33 AM
On my 97 150 I had the "Y" pipe exhaust installed (single in dual out) and the only difference was sound! On my new 06 Supercrew 5.4 I had the truck sent to Ford Dealer's performance shop(right at dealership) They cut just below the down pipes on each exhaust bank and ran stainless back through two FlowMasters(my choice of FM40's)and then out behind each rear wheel through Dual outlet chrome tips(I purchased the tips and hand carried them to the dealer shop) I was amazed!!! My truck has more power(due to less restriction) and sounds great. The dealership stated that NO warranty issues are involved as I keep the CATs... I was even told I could replace the factory CATs with High Flow converters and the warranty DOES NOT CHANGE. Anyway... I like the performance gain with true dual exhaust. It did cost about 100 dollars more than a SIDO exhaust system. Just personal preference, I think not. It was well worth the gain. just my .02 cents worth..... BoB

Old 07-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Thank you everyone. I decided to go with a si/do on my truck. It's being put on today and the whole system is only 240 (lowest price I could find).

Quick Reply: True Duals