Air Force One MAS wiring problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 04:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Force One MAS wiring problems

This is on a 2001 5.4.

I don't like the way the MAS wiring ends up. There is no strain protection (like the big grommet you see that went into the factory airbox used to), and water will collect in the grommet and run down the wires, causing corrosion. Anyone ran into this or have a solution? I'm thinking of filling it with silicone, but this still won't be a strain relief.

Also, while searching for something on the wiring, I found out about the O-ring that goes between the venturi and the factory MAS housing. This was not mentioned at all in the directions. I found the O-ring in the trash and installed it later. The first time I put it together, I considered adding some silicone make a gasket. The O-ring was too small to fit in the groove, I had to spend about 10 minutes stretching it, and bolt it together quickly so it wouldn't shrink up and remove itself from the groove. This O-ring should certainly be mentioned in the instructions!! I wonder how many are going around sucking dirt?

Last edited by Fordnatic; 08-06-2006 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Different Photo
Old 08-03-2006, 05:13 AM
What......no one else has run into or been concerned about this????

Old 08-13-2006, 07:06 PM
I have the AF1 and had to think about the install and I did have a few concerns myself. The grommet slides up to the MAS housing and it will say in place. Looking at your MAS,it came from the factory with the wiring on the bottom,not the front,give it a little twist. No strain on the wiring. The O-ring didn't seem to have a home so I siliconed the MAS and air filter mount,placed the O-ring on the silicone,centering it,and bolted the two together. O-ring or not,the gap between the two will suck dirty air if not sealed with silicone. I hope this help. Bill

Old 08-13-2006, 07:33 PM
I just pushed mine up to the back of the connector and it stays on fine, not to worried about the wires getting pulled as I am the only one who opens the hood anyways.

I may look at putting some silicone on the back of the grommet but don't have any plans on cleaning the engine anytime soon.

I think you may need to turn you MAS sensor housing to the 6:00 o'clock ( Horizontal position ) instead of vertical, it should be on the bottom.

Last edited by Padron; 08-13-2006 at 07:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Air Force One MAS wiring problems