DAng Neighbors

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think you can get cited for distrubing the peace if your neighbors complain to the police even if its legal

Old 08-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by travis08
i think you can get cited for distrubing the peace if your neighbors complain to the police even if its legal
I would find out soon..heh. Call the local authorities and ask them for info regarding that law.

And I don't think they can consider it disturbing the peace if the sound is within legal limits.

Just make sure the truck is warm if and when you think they are calling the cops...because I know my magnaflow is a LOT louder on a cold start.

Old 08-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know one thing cops in my area will pull you over if you have a loud exhaust. I found this out a couple weeks ago my truck is stock and there was one of them jap cars next to me at the light that had the old fart can on it. Well I took off fast and he tried to run with me but we both slowed down quick when we seen a cop come out of nowhere with his lights on he pulled the jap car over and I was left alone. The reason he was pulled over was because of his exhaust was real loud when he was getting on it.

Old 08-12-2006, 04:15 PM
At least in CA it's all about the decibel level. Just because you can buy it doesn't mean that it's quiet enough to pass noise laws.

But I spend a lot of time in TX and everyone has modded trucks. Did your neighbors move there from another state?

Old 08-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
I would find out soon..heh. Call the local authorities and ask them for info regarding that law.

And I don't think they can consider it disturbing the peace if the sound is within legal limits.

Just make sure the truck is warm if and when you think they are calling the cops...because I know my magnaflow is a LOT louder on a cold start.
Checking the local law is good advice. In smaller towns (like mine) there is no city sound ordinance (db level) so if the cops are called, they can pretty much cite you for talking too loud. Really sucks..

Old 08-14-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by travis08
Add to that there is the possibility that your truck can also get towed.

Just out of curiosity, why do you find it necessary to annoy and aggrivate your neighbors with a louder exhaust? Are you doing it because you just want to p*ss them off? I guess living in peace is a long forgotten ideal...

Old 08-14-2006, 10:37 PM
i dont think hes doing it to make them mad. i think hes doing it because it sounds good and makes him happy.

Quick Reply: DAng Neighbors