Major improvements with new intake and exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Major improvements with new intake and exhaust

I have own since new a 2000 F-150 Scab 4x4 short bed and just install A K&N cold are intake and Vortex Exhaust with 3" a inche pipe. It took me a long time until I decide what to go with, I wanted something to fit in the stock location and to have great sound, but quite on the road. I am extremely please and can't believe how much my truck has changed. I have 60 000 miles, and have babied the truck. Stock the 4.6 litre really strains to move this truck especially when put to the floor. But not, it runs to 100 strongly and steady. When Stock I found when the automatic went into third the just died in acceleration while the engine what screaming to get the truck going. it also was sucking back a lot more gas then normal. Not only is the thruck running stronger, I am getting easy 100 miles extra to 150miles extra on a tank of gas. And when crusing at 60 miles an hour the truck is merely idleing down the highway to hold the gear at speed. Now this runs the way it was ment to and sounds the way it should. Love starting the truck now, sounds like some muscle car. Best advice I can offer is to upgrade to an cold air intake, and high flow exhaust. It will definately pay for it self. and make it seem like you have a band new truck.

Old 08-13-2006, 01:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome!!!

Quick Reply: Major improvements with new intake and exhaust