New Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Muffler

how much does it usually cost after buyin a muffler for a shop to install it for you??

Old 08-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
20-40 bucks to weld it up, i got mine done for 20, but i just had 1 cut, two welds. If there is more to weld they may charge you more. Thats assuming you are walking in with most of the pieces you need, if you are looking for an entire custom set up to be made for your truck expect to pay alot more

Depends on what brand muffler you get. If you get a stock one, you can find em sometimes for free, if its slightly used maybe 20 bucks. If you want a nicer brand name one, its anywhere from 60-250. Alot of ppl here have SIDO (Single in Double out) style mufflers.

Mine is an SISO dynomax bullet. I picked up my muffler for 20, and another 20 to weld it

When i redo my exuast, im gonna get an Xpipe, remove the Y, and dual it out with two bullets, and dump them both in same area. I also will make it clear to them that i dont want my hangers welded to the side of the muffler.
-Patrick

Old 09-08-2006, 04:15 AM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
20-40 bucks to weld it up, i got mine done for 20, but i just had 1 cut, two welds. If there is more to weld they may charge you more. Thats assuming you are walking in with most of the pieces you need, if you are looking for an entire custom set up to be made for your truck expect to pay alot more

Depends on what brand muffler you get. If you get a stock one, you can find em sometimes for free, if its slightly used maybe 20 bucks. If you want a nicer brand name one, its anywhere from 60-250. Alot of ppl here have SIDO (Single in Double out) style mufflers.

Mine is an SISO dynomax bullet. I picked up my muffler for 20, and another 20 to weld it

When i redo my exuast, im gonna get an Xpipe, remove the Y, and dual it out with two bullets, and dump them both in same area. I also will make it clear to them that i dont want my hangers welded to the side of the muffler.
-Patrick
So that's what that means. Lots of acronyms on this site. Doing some reading will reveal a lot things for me.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:57 PM
I just got a quote from a very good shop for $250. This buys me the muffler and all labor to weld in place of stock unit, and fabricate new hangers. $500 to run SIDO (Single in Dual out). I didn't do it, because I don't want Flowmaster and thats all he used.

Old 09-08-2006, 02:26 PM

Sorry...off subject but that is one CLEAN driveshaft!

Old 09-11-2006, 05:45 PM
when i had my si do flow put on it cost me 150 muffler and labor,my di do super 40 cost me 80 for the muffler and 110 for the install,but i had all ready ran true duals but cut most of it off and both times i had it ran out the side before the rear wheels

Quick Reply: New Muffler