exhaust for future mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006 | 05:07 PM
|
exhaust for future mods

Hey, just let me say I am posting for my first time here. Glad I found the place because I am going mod crazy. I already have an Airaid intake/filter kit and an edge tuner installed. I upgraded tires and rims too. I am looking at exhaust next. I have a gibson single exit kit coming(not going crazy, might trade the truck in). I was wondering about my next step. I like the pacesetter long tube headers and am thinking about a jet hot coating. I know on a stock truck it could be overkill, but I found a set of cams for my 4.6 as well. I know for sure this will be too much for my 4r70e tranny(light duty) so any input would be appreciated.

05 F-150 supercab 2wd, 4.6 2v, airaid intake, edge evolution tuner, 18 inch alum rims, 285/60/18 forteras
gibson single exit exhaust kit, ready lift coil spacer on the way

Old 08-28-2006 | 05:11 PM
sounds like your ahead of the curve. you sound like a pro. as for the tranny, hell you bought everything else why not just get a new one, haha. anyways welcome, and i hope someone helps you cuz i sure didnt.

Old 08-28-2006 | 05:24 PM
|
ummmmmmm

just wanted to say mamas truck is sweet lookin! gotta love them diesels

Old 08-28-2006 | 05:42 PM
Put a shift kit in the tranny and be done with it. What Edge tuner do you have? I've got the new Evo and I love it. As for the Gibson exhaust, I haven't heard any raving reviews about them, but haven't heard any bad things about them either, except that they are too quiet.

Old 08-30-2006 | 10:30 AM
|
Originally Posted by Zaairman
As for the Gibson exhaust, I haven't heard any raving reviews about them, but haven't heard any bad things about them either, except that they are too quiet.
Not that being quiet is a bad thing. Who wants to rattle their teeth out at 100mph? I am not a fan of cabin drone

as for the tuner, yeah I got the Evolution tuner and its working out great. just wish I could get oil temp on it to work. does it work for you?

Quick Reply: exhaust for future mods