Is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006 | 05:55 AM
|
Is it worth it?

So Im getting my exhaust done soon. 2001 5.4l supercrew. Im looking for a deep sound with no drone (resonating) in the cab. Im doing the exhaust for both performance and sound. I ruled out Flowmaster (I think it would be too loud). Now im down to Dynomax for $265 or The Magnaflow #15749 for $659Is this Magnaflow system worth the extra money? Or should I just get a Magnaflow muffler and have them weld that in with their own tailpipes like they would do for the Dynomax?

Thanks

P.S. Im an ediot when it comes to this stuff.

Old 09-02-2006 | 06:16 AM
Suspended
lol, ask the shop if they can do in-house piping and get the magnaflow muffler. It is far and away the most popular choice for the 5.4 since it sounds great.

Old 09-02-2006 | 09:11 AM
loud is a matter of opinion.. i have a flowmaster 40 sido on my 5.4 with 3.5in tips. it has a nice note to it but it's not what i would consider loud.. if you run true duals or install headers it would be loud.. as for the drone.. i don't notice any.. how you run the exhaust changes the sound as well.. i went out an angle behing the tires.. straight out the back gives you less cabin noise..

keep in mind that i had a 96 cobra with flowmasters.. that was loud..

if you have a good muffler shop i would just change the muffler.. no need to really go with the whole system unless your stock one needs replaced..

Last edited by duvel; 09-02-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-02-2006 | 10:10 AM
?

Originally Posted by duvel
loud is a matter of opinion.. i have a flowmaster 40 sido on my 5.4 with 3.5in tips. it has a nice note to it but it's not what i would consider loud.. if you run true duals or install headers it would be loud.. as for the drone.. i don't notice any.. how you run the exhaust changes the sound as well.. i went out an angle behing the tires.. straight out the back gives you less cabin noise..

keep in mind that i had a 96 cobra with flowmasters.. that was loud..

if you have a good muffler shop i would just change the muffler.. no need to really go with the whole system unless your stock one needs replaced..
i've had a si do and a true dual system on a5.4-the true duals are quieter-phil

Old 09-02-2006 | 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by openclasspro#11
i've had a si do and a true dual system on a5.4-the true duals are quieter-phil
can't argue with you.. he should just keep in mind that many things impact the perceived sound levels.. especially when you are inside the vehicle

Old 09-02-2006 | 11:52 AM
|
Thanks for the replies so far. Im trying to find f150's around town with exhaust so I can hear the difference. So if the shop will just weld up a Magnaflow muffler and add their pipes, I should do that instead of the Dynomax? Ive always thought I would get Flowmasters, but just from the research Ive done and what the local shop told me, i think they would be too much for what I want. Then again I havent heard them on an f150 before so who knows.

Quick Reply: Is it worth it?