Intake Mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake Mods

i heard about a side intake mod earlier and i finally got around to looking for it. so i did some searches and came up with this link
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ide+intake+mod

its where that scilencer thing like a smaller intake inside the main one can be removed, the only thing is i saw it was under 2004-present section, but it was on the 4.6L. so im wondering if i can do this on my 2002 4.6L? or if theres anything else i can do to the stock one.

thanks in advance.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:16 PM
out of the 66 people that looked here no one knows??

Old 09-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Spinal
out of the 66 people that looked here no one knows??
Hi.

Sure. Lots of people know, and lots have tried it. Some say it's just louder, other insist it provides extra kick. I believe it's the former, & a waste of time. I already did all that searching - you must have just done a cursory one.

See this one? https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ghlight=intake

Get a properly designed, R&D'd & tested intake instead of looking for improvements where they don't exist.

Oh, and you may want to consider adjusting that Torontonian attitude a bit if you want help - you're giving Canucks a bad name

Cheers
Bubba

Last edited by MGDfan; 09-13-2006 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:52 PM
How about an 2005 5.4 V8 intake? Is it possible to reroute the snorkel that attached to the fender to the front (head lamp are probably) using the same diameter of the end tube? Is this will effect the performance or air flow? I saw that Air raid Jr. did this set up, but I still like to keep the buffles of the intake as stock to lessen the excess air noise.

Quick Reply: Intake Mods