Ford FX4 True Duals questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006 | 12:49 PM
|
Ford FX4 True Duals questions

I just bought a 2006 crewcab FX4. A friend told me because of some electrical sensors on the truck I can't run true dual exhaust. Is this true? I'm thinking trashing the muffler and going without one. What are the laws in Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee concerning running with no mufflers? How much should it cost me to get this done? Thanks for any help, and over looking my ignorance!

Old 09-14-2006 | 04:20 PM
|
Originally Posted by BillElliot
I just bought a 2006 crewcab FX4. A friend told me because of some electrical sensors on the truck I can't run true dual exhaust. Is this true? I'm thinking trashing the muffler and going without one. What are the laws in Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee concerning running with no mufflers? How much should it cost me to get this done? Thanks for any help, and over looking my ignorance!
Can someone help a brother out?

Old 09-15-2006 | 07:21 PM
I don't think there is alot of 06's on the board. But its a good question, becuase I'm considering a true dual for my 06. For local laws I would do the homeowrk myself rather than relying on word of mouth from a forum, but that's just me

Old 09-15-2006 | 10:02 PM
?

Can someone help a brother out?
as long as mods are made post cats-you'll be fine check out my exhaust pics-ph il

Old 09-15-2006 | 10:55 PM
|
Originally Posted by openclasspro#11
as long as mods are made post cats-you'll be fine check out my exhaust pics-ph il
Thanks for the info. I won't void the warranty if make in mods will I?

Old 09-16-2006 | 05:18 AM
?

Thanks for the info. I won't void the warranty if make in mods will I?
my dealer told me the warranty i voided was on the oem exhaust which i tokk off anyways- the rest of thw arranty is intact-phil

Old 09-16-2006 | 07:34 AM
[QUOTE=BillElliot]I just bought a 2006 crewcab FX4. A friend told me because of some electrical sensors on the truck I can't run true dual exhaust. Is this true? I'm thinking trashing the muffler and going without one. What are the laws in Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee concerning running with no mufflers? How much should it cost me to get this done? Thanks for any help, and over looking my ignorance![/QUOTE

Popular opinion is, unless you are supercharging, true duals are not worth the cost. Also, it may have some negative effects, such as, a loss of torque. As far as no mufflers, most cities now have noise ordinances. People usually associate these with loud radios and jake brakes, but I could see where a really loud exhuast could get you some unwanted attention from the local police.

Old 09-16-2006 | 09:52 AM
Im running straight right now and Im keepin it that way. I had a flowmaster but I got used to it and it was too quiet. Now it sounds like a truck. I cant speak for a 5.4 though but im sure someone has done it.

Old 09-17-2006 | 09:42 AM
torque

i pull my race trailer every weekend in the hills of western pa-~6500lbs-i went with true duals-2.25" ss mandrell bent-x-pipe as close to original y location ,my tq is 300 ftlbs ~2500rpms- and stays up there till 4300 rpm where it's 278 ft lbs-then obviously starts dropping- now this is on a 2 vlave model-250hp 340 ft lb tq motor-my towing is MUCH better since i added exhaust- i kept it 2.25 for tq retention for towing-my .02$-phil

Old 09-17-2006 | 09:43 AM
also

if you look in m y gallery the original y pipe is chocked off wher the driver's side pipe merges into the y-phil

Old 09-17-2006 | 11:36 PM
i don't know about everywhere else but in tennessee there is no muffler law or decibel law.but you can get a ticket for noise pollution.i've never had any problem,but i don't stomp the throttle right next to a cop cause that's just askin for trouble.and as for the true duals,i don't know for sure on an 06 but i'd say you shouldn't have ANY trouble if you leave the cats alone.you definitely need a good x-pipe though.

Last edited by way fast witey; 09-17-2006 at 11:39 PM.
Old 09-17-2006 | 11:42 PM
Global Moderator &
Originally Posted by mcdover
Popular opinion is, unless you are supercharging, true duals are not worth the cost. Also, it may have some negative effects, such as, a loss of torque. As far as no mufflers, most cities now have noise ordinances. People usually associate these with loud radios and jake brakes, but I could see where a really loud exhuast could get you some unwanted attention from the local police.
The set up im looking at is about 140-150 in parts, and 50 or so to have it welded up. So around 200 bucks for true duals is "not worth the cost" to you?
-Patrick

Old 09-18-2006 | 12:05 AM
Suspended
Exclamation

A member with a new 3v actually just got a very expensive x-pipe true dual setup and had POWER LOSSES on the dyno.

Old 09-18-2006 | 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
The set up im looking at is about 140-150 in parts, and 50 or so to have it welded up. So around 200 bucks for true duals is "not worth the cost" to you?
-Patrick
I need the name and address of the shop that will custom build a mandrel bend true dual exhuast for $200! If you are talking about crimp bend, that's a different story. I wouldn't waste my money on that. There is no aftermarket true dual exhaust kit for 2004 and up F150s. I wouldn't spend $50 on true duals, unless I had FI. You'll get better results with a bolt-on si/so set-up with a NA motor.

Last edited by mcdover; 09-18-2006 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-18-2006 | 04:06 PM
Global Moderator &
Well i would bring in my own xpipe and mufflers and i prefer dumped exaust, so there isnt a whole lot of work needed to be done. and i dont remember if he had madrel bending capabilities where i went before b.c i already had a SISO with the dump tip already there. The only reason i want to dual mine out is for better sound and get rid of the restrictive Y pipe.
-Patrick

Quick Reply: Ford FX4 True Duals questions