Installed the outlaw tonight

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006 | 10:19 PM
|
Installed the outlaw tonight

AND WHAT A PITA IT WAS! First off the product looks great. The first problem was the mounting holes would not line up for the life of it to the factory intake mounts. So right now I have it just sitting there, seems fine though. 2nd issue was the grommets are very tight and the PCV box was hard to line up with it, also had to cut some hose, I got that straigtened out. 3rd issue was with the EGR thingy (not the actual valve) but it has a turnable looking **** on top, I was suppose to relocate that to the outside of the throttle body cover, well the orginal bolts are tapered so that wouldnt work, luckily I found another bolt to work for now, not fully in there, but it's holding. According to my Edge the IAT is the same as the factory, about 1-8 above ambient, pending on if its city driving or highway. So later this week i'm going to drill some new holes for the box and find a better bolt. But other than that, its fine. What do you expect with aftermarket stuff I guess. Part of the fun is the ability to cuss it out and ALMOST give up on it I paid 179shipped. Looks very similar to the volant. Well thats about it for now. Guess next mods are efans from tp and pulleys from him.

Old 10-12-2006 | 04:19 PM
sounds like a real challenge but worth it, good for you man

Quick Reply: Installed the outlaw tonight