straight pipes/pipe set up

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006 | 06:38 PM
|
straight pipes/pipe set up

STRAIGHT PIPES!!!! ahhh!!!! hahahhahaha got a few more questions b4 i go get r done

1. cutting the stock Y off and gettin true duals the the back "straight pipes" is connecting them with an X somewhere going to do anything for me?

2. whats going to be louder/sound better , Getting true duals from behind the stock cats , cutting the muffler out replacing it with a straight pipe and having a single outlet , OR doing the same thing only throwing a Y on the end to make it a dual?

My friend has a newer f350 with the 5.4 with a 3inch straight pipe off the stock Y which i know is bad because it's a 3 inch which is a little big but when he hits this thing its loud as hell like a harley , My question is ... at idle his truck sounds weird because it's single outlet but.. if i do tru duals with 2.5 do you think mine will be just as loud , i hope to make it sound better by having duals cuz his sounds like @ss with the single
I know that was prob. confusing but i hear so many people saying they love there straight pipes but there are so many different configurations , HELP ME !

Old 10-15-2006 | 06:55 PM
|
oh and one more thing , since i have a short bed , reg. cab , it's a shorter path for the exhaust from the engine to the tail pipe so is it safe to assume my truck will be louder than my friends truck , or is that just a stupid assumption floating around in my head lol mabye just wishful thinking haha

Old 10-15-2006 | 07:16 PM
yep delete y pipe, run pipes over to right, x pipe then around the passenger door area, then run to the back, and running mufflers would be the best, you can have a good sound, and with your model truck yeah about 3.5ft shorter it should be a little louder, my supercab F250 is as long as my F150 supercrew, 250 has a longer bed, 150 has a bigger cab

Old 10-15-2006 | 07:25 PM
|
I wanna throw mufflers on but I have this feeling in the back of my head that I'm gonna end up yankin em' just because I'm gonna want that extra little bit of sound , I have a great setup on my mustang (1990 gt) so I just want the truck to scream , so ill have one car with a nice sound and one with the ***** lol but yea you think 2.5 all the way through to 3.5 tips would be alright ?

Old 10-15-2006 | 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by RUNoverIT71
I wanna throw mufflers on but I have this feeling in the back of my head that I'm gonna end up yankin em' just because I'm gonna want that extra little bit of sound , I have a great setup on my mustang (1990 gt) so I just want the truck to scream , so ill have one car with a nice sound and one with the ***** lol but yea you think 2.5 all the way through to 3.5 tips would be alright ?
yeah, well you should get the pipes installed without mufflers, try that for a couple weeks, if you cant stand it get mufflers in. and yeah 2.5+ to 3.5 tips will sound good, my F250 exits with 4" tips i measured to, though I dont have 3.5" to compare to but it sound be the same, you will be happy

Old 10-16-2006 | 02:17 AM
|
Yea Im really excited to get this done , Im glad I have another source to base my actions on , thanks for the advice and opinions , theres just to many people saying this and that about straight pipes , I mean jesus I wil def. be ok with loosing some power to have the mean truck around town , it's just one of those things lol I can't wait , I have a lot of work to do but i figure why not start with the exhaust cheap and effective ..

Old 10-16-2006 | 03:19 AM
I just replaced the muffler with a piece of pipe and put a stainless tip on the end where the stock came out.... if you are wanting a louder exhaust, i would suggest running straight duals.... i love the sound of my single straight pipe, but to be honest, it just isn't that loud.

Old 10-17-2006 | 01:59 AM
|
This Friday I'm taking the muffler off and replacing it with a straight pipe , it's gonna be my starting point , i might dump the tip at the axle , Im gonna see how that plays out , Ill let you guys know how it goes

Old 10-17-2006 | 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by RUNoverIT71
This Friday I'm taking the muffler off and replacing it with a straight pipe , it's gonna be my starting point , i might dump the tip at the axle , Im gonna see how that plays out , Ill let you guys know how it goes
yeah please do, I was thinking of that a couple days ago, and would love to ditch the nasty exhaust tip that effs up my back shot pics!

Quick Reply: straight pipes/pipe set up