picking a good exaust system

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 12:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
picking a good exaust system

I am trying to decide what will be a good dual exaust system for my 2006 F150 4x4 Larait I do want to sound good but not over bearing any advice will help thanks

Old 11-18-2006, 10:29 PM
still trying to find the same for my rig =/

Old 11-18-2006, 10:38 PM
ah what the heck-- Roush Offroad-
if you want to gear it down a note or two, there is the Roush Legal

clips are in my sig

Old 11-19-2006, 01:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the magnaflow systems are very liked on these forums.. I have ran Magnaflows on all of my vehicles and have been happy with them.. Or if you really want to nice loud exhaust note there is flowmaster.

Old 11-19-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by wrench1218
I am trying to decide what will be a good dual exaust system for my 2006 F150 4x4 Larait I do want to sound good but not over bearing any advice will help thanks

Borla and Corsa are my favorites. I have a borla dual rear exit catback that I am pulling off if you would be interested. It is only a few months old.

Old 11-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by bushtree
the magnaflow systems are very liked on these forums.. I have ran Magnaflows on all of my vehicles and have been happy with them.. Or if you really want to nice loud exhaust note there is flowmaster.
I will be ordering the Manaflow dual side #15827 as soon as I get the boss
to approve

http://www.hottexhaust.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=15827

Old 11-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Suspended
Talking

Originally Posted by 98UltraZ
Borla and Corsa are my favorites. I have a borla dual rear exit catback that I am pulling off if you would be interested. It is only a few months old.
Both are good systems, however Corsa is quite pricey.

I find Borla to sound a little too much like a Porchse/v6 than a V8, and I personally prefer the Magnaflow.

You really can't go wrong with a Magnaflow on these 5.4 3v engines unless you want redneck loud, then get a slowmaster, i mean flowmaster

Old 11-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumadar
You really can't go wrong with a Magnaflow on these 5.4 3v engines unless you want redneck loud, then get a slowmaster, i mean flowmaster
x2

I had Flowmaster on my last truck. It droned horribly. I didn't even consider Flows for this truck. Magnaflow all the way.

Old 11-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I like all the positive i've heard about the Magnaflow

Old 11-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

i had the magnaflow si/so on my truck first.sounded good at wot. but the drone on the freeway killed me. then i went to a si/do 3 chamber flowmaster out the back. real quiet and sounded ok at wot. after listening to about every muffler on the planet and watching my budget dwindle away i went with my latest. it is a flo pro v-force muffler. 3" inlet dual 2 1/4 outlet. i routed them out the side. i also had the rear cats removed as well. i will tell you that when i get on it i can really hear it. when i cruise at low speeds it sounds kick a$$. and when i am cruising i can barely hear it. it picked up quite a bit of performance with this set up from the other two.

Old 11-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Both are good systems, however Corsa is quite pricey.

I find Borla to sound a little too much like a Porchse/v6 than a V8, and I personally prefer the Magnaflow.

Hmmm.. Was it the single side exit borla? The dual rear split exit does not sound like that. Yeah, the borla was not cheap.. after tax it was around $930.. I have heard magnaflow on other cars and have liked it, but I have not heard it on a new f-150 yet.. I am going to be installing a magnaflow system on my gf's dad's 05' Chevrolet truck here pretty soon... I had a flowmaster on my 2500 HD, and it sounded decent.. It was not loud, but I HATED the drone... It would have not been bad, but going on 13 hour trips, it was very annoying.. I have had borla on my F-bodys, C5's, trucks, etc.. It will also be going on my new Z06 once I pick that up. I really like Corsa as well, but in the past they had some issues with the muffler breaking internally.. They would take care of them without any issues, it was just a matter of sending them the muffler... They might have 0 issues with them now, but I have not purchased a Corsa system for a few years.. Magnaflow seems to be a popular here, so I don't think you could go wrong purchasing one of their exhaust systems..

Old 11-29-2006, 12:54 AM
Got to Magnaflows website and they have a clip of SISO system much like you'll be installing. http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/04trucks.asp Sounds pretty good to me! I'll most likely be getting this system as it is a high quality system for a great deal. Forgot who had a coupon code, but this can be shipped to your door for like $340, and that's can't be beat for the quality. Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by redregf150
Got to Magnaflows website and they have a clip of SISO system much like you'll be installing. http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/04trucks.asp Sounds pretty good to me! I'll most likely be getting this system as it is a high quality system for a great deal. Forgot who had a coupon code, but this can be shipped to your door for like $340, and that's can't be beat for the quality. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, it seems to be a great product for a great price with that coupon. It sounded good from what I can tell over the computer speakers! He is getting the dual rear exit for his truck, and with the coupon it was around $410 shipped.. If I didn't already install the Borla system on my truck, I would have tried the magnaflow out!

Last edited by 98UltraZ; 11-29-2006 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:45 AM
Flowmaster is my favorite, i love the idle, rev up, and fly bys, most people hate the highway drone sound though, if you want a nice steady idle and no drone Magnaflow is your choice.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:25 PM
ONE04FX4,

Don't the side exists raise havoc with your center caps on your wheels? I remember in 1997 the issues Ford had, and although I like side exits in front of the wheel, I am leary about going that route.

Quick Reply: picking a good exaust system