Air Force 1 Customer Support

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006 | 10:44 PM
|
Thumbs down Air Force 1 Customer Support

I called Air Force 1 already 3 times to ask for specifics on horsepower increase and to get pictures of their product on an F250 without a return call. While Troyer Performance thinks that they have the best product, they lack in customer support and marketing capabilities. Have you seen their website. Its a joke.

Click on this link for a laugh. This their technology link.
http://www.airforceoneperformance.com/bin/tech.php

Old 11-20-2006 | 11:06 PM
I bought the K&N fipk. Their website claims like 15 hp which seems realistic. I paid $200 brand new on ebay.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=63-2556

Old 11-21-2006 | 12:50 AM
Red face Similar experience with

Magnaflow. Guess that when some of these outfits start to do well they think they can get away with a decreased level of customer service. Best to stick with the dealers that are willing to listen to you.

Old 11-21-2006 | 12:53 PM
|
Originally Posted by Reddslate
Magnaflow. Guess that when some of these outfits start to do well they think they can get away with a decreased level of customer service. Best to stick with the dealers that are willing to listen to you.
I called the, back again today and they told me that K&N is a 100 Million dollar company so don't expect that level of service from them.

Last edited by phurley; 11-21-2006 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-21-2006 | 10:42 PM
To all three of you: I don't give a rats *** how big or small the company is. With the many differences these trucks have, there is no way of knowing what HP increase your truck will see w/o putting it on a dyno. An average, maybe. That's why most give a range such as 5-15, or use the disclaimer: up to 20 HP increase.

If you want to know what your truck will look like with an AF1 installed, take a pic of yours, and a pic of the AF1 and photoshop it.

I agree that in some cases the bigger a company is, the worse they treat customers that have a problem, but that's big business these days. If 250 people buy a product and have no problems, while just one does, sometimes the "one" gets shooed away so they can concentrate on the masses. Sometimes not. It all depends on the owner in most cases. Fair? No. Reality? Yep.

SL

Old 11-21-2006 | 11:10 PM
It will look something like this. No need harassing the company for something you could find out here

Old 11-21-2006 | 11:40 PM
|
Originally Posted by cliff2026
It will look something like this. No need harassing the company for something you could find out here

I posted asking for a picture F250. That looks like an F150 which is not what I have so I would throw you in the category of not being very helpful but in the category of trying to be.

As for harassing, I was asking questions before I laid down 250 bucks and I was asking for a simple picture of it installed on an F250, which a company should have considering they had to have put one of these on one to design the fit and I was looking for some basic performance information. I mean why spend 250 bucks if you aren't getting anything for it except an aircraft grade steel look under the hood. I called and they kept telling me to call back and ask for Craig. I mean if everytime my customers called my company and were told to call back, how long do you think they would be customers. That is a rhetorical question.

I bought the damn thing anyway because Mike and Anita swear by them but I will get my support from Troyer because they are stellar folks.

Last edited by phurley; 11-21-2006 at 11:57 PM.
Old 11-22-2006 | 12:14 AM
Moderator &
You might check around dieselstop.com for a pic or two...

There are definitely more Super Duty users there.... not trying to run you away from f150online... just trying to get you some answers (and a pic).

Old 11-22-2006 | 09:50 PM
|
Originally Posted by RockPick
You might check around dieselstop.com for a pic or two...

There are definitely more Super Duty users there.... not trying to run you away from f150online... just trying to get you some answers (and a pic).
Thanks!

Old 12-10-2006 | 09:51 PM
|
An update: I ordered the AF1 because Anita and Norm felt it was the best. The kit didn't fit and I had to modify it. Craig from AF1 was very helpful and finally admitted that they messed up. He is going to get the kit for the F250 fixed and send me the replacement.

Quick Reply: Air Force 1 Customer Support