more dump tip questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006 | 09:56 AM
|
more dump tip questions

I seen some tips that look curved at the end, and some with a 45 degree mandrel bend half way through the tip, whats the difference? the curved down at the end one looks like it would get the sound out better but the 45 degree bended down one looks a little better. Is the curved at end one made for large diameter mufflers and the 45 degree bent one for smaller diameter mufflers? any input appreciated

Old 11-28-2006 | 05:38 PM
i know that the curved one will be louder in the cabin of your truck because its pointing down and the sound hits the ground and back into your truck.

Old 11-29-2006 | 01:21 PM
|
ok, so the one thats straight & curved down at the end is better than the one that goes straight half way then points down?

Old 11-30-2006 | 09:02 PM
i just know curved ones are louder in the cabin because they point straight down and 45s point out more toward the back so you wont hear it as much as the curved ones in the cabin. i was going to dump my exhaust untill the muffler guy told me it wouldnt be that much louder. he said you could tell a differnce but not a lot of differnce. he said if you wanted it loud, go with true duals and no mufflers which is what i did

Old 11-30-2006 | 09:07 PM
are you saying the not curved ones go straight and then point down at a 90 degree angle? i dont know if it matters since it is a short pipe, but i dont think it would flow as freely as a curved one would. plus, if you do dump it, then you cant stay in one spot for to long with the engine running cause the fumes will come into your truck.

Old 11-30-2006 | 11:09 PM
i used to have dumped true dual roush 3" on my 96 f1 with 450 hp at the tires. best sound quality i have ever heard. when u dump it, it gives it a more deep sound but doesnt take away from the bold solid sound. if u do this, u want to make sure its dumped after the cab. it echoes off the ground and bouces straight back up so if u do it under the cab it makes it that much louder in the cab, if u do it right before the rear axle u cant go wrong. ull love the sound, just sounds like muscle. remember this, if u like the sound of most muscle cars, they almost all have at least in someway a dumped exaust, most have about a 30* angle, u dont want it to piont straight down. now everyone loves the sound of an old camaro or mustang!! well thats y!

Old 11-30-2006 | 11:18 PM
I just got my dumps put on I ran true duals with 2 flow 50's and dumped them right out of the muffler (which is right infront of my rear axel) at a 45 degree angle. I agree the dumped sound is just beefy. I have run flowmasters on my last two cars with tips and I will never go back. Also the guy that did my truck says 90 degree tips tend to cause exhaust to rise str8 up from the ground which causes the smell some of the other guys are talking about. Mine at 45 push the exhaust out the back of the truck so it works well to clear the air past the bed.

Last edited by SCREWKR; 11-30-2006 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-30-2006 | 11:19 PM
Global Moderator &
Originally Posted by hillman
then you cant stay in one spot for to long with the engine running cause the fumes will come into your truck.
I never noticed the fumes until i gutted two of my cats....
-Patrick

Quick Reply: more dump tip questions