MBRP Pro Series Dual Exhaust on 2004 SCrew 5.4

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBRP Pro Series Dual Exhaust on 2004 SCrew 5.4

Okay, so I ordered the exhuast, put it on and love it. It went on easily (much better than the old one came off), was well laid out, has a deep, mellow sound, but isn't too obnoxious in the cab. I have posted some pictures in a gallery, which I will copy below.

If anyone is interested in a full stainless dual catback system with the option for corner exiting tips, I would highly recommend the MBRP. The website can be found here (FYI, you can find kits delivered off of eBay for over $100 less than the MSRP):

http://www.mbrp.com/productlink.php?...uck&brand=Ford

Last edited by hdnghttrn; 11-29-2006 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:59 PM
If I knew this was available, I would have gone for it instead of the Maggie 16616. The Gibson Extremes (dual-rear-angled) were no where to be found either.

What are the dimensions of the muffler? Thanks.

Last edited by Flyin'Hawaiian; 11-29-2006 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Muffler Dimensions

Flyin'Hawaiian', call it about 20" long by 7" around, not including the inlet/outlet pipes. The lead pipe is 3", while the outlet pipes are 2.5". Didn't measure the tips, but would they are double-walled and look great.

Old 12-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Good lookin' install...Thanks for the info.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by hdnghttrn
(FYI, you can find kits delivered off of eBay for over $100 less than the MSRP):
So, where did you buy yours? I have been looking at the MBRP for some time now, and I think it's time to start working on it for my current 2007 Screw. I found the kit for about $525 if I remember correctly, but am still trying to decide if I think I will be able to remove it in a year and install it on my next 2007 or 2008. I put on too many miles a year, and that type of ticket each year adds up. Did your kit come with band clamps that don't crush the pipes like u-bolt style clamps? Did you have success taking off the original exhaust without cutting it and jacking the truck up? I see the jack stands, but I would like to think you put her up on stands just to gain a little more "people" room. Thanks for any help. Looks great, by the way. You're making it harder for me to resist the MBRP.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
Did your kit come with band clamps that don't crush the pipes like u-bolt style clamps? Did you have success taking off the original exhaust without cutting it and jacking the truck up? I see the jack stands, but I would like to think you put her up on stands just to gain a little more "people" room.
Sorry for the extreme delay in responding...but I am still loving the exhuast.

Came with the clamps pictured, and they worked very well.

Getting the OEM off the truck was the hardest part, but it did come off without cutting (you can see it by the truck after the install at: https://www.f150online.com/galleries/....cfm?num=12484). To do this, I had to jack the rear end up, lower it back down, then jack it up again to work the exhuast back towards the front over the axle. Of course, now I'm going to have to cut it to fit it in the MBRP box so that I can put it away just in case...

Last edited by hdnghttrn; 04-01-2007 at 12:13 AM.

Quick Reply: MBRP Pro Series Dual Exhaust on 2004 SCrew 5.4