jlt, kn, or airraid jr

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 01:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jlt, kn, or airraid jr

ok so wth, whats the diff that jlt says u need a custom tune to use theres and with k&n and air raid u dont? is there a diff from the jlt af1 and the stock af1

Old 11-30-2006, 02:45 AM
Learn To Type!

Old 11-30-2006, 02:49 AM
maybe this will help you read ? wth means what the hell, jlt is a common abreviation for this website. i dont know if you're just too stupid to figure out everything else i wrote or if you were too bored to just place a negative comment?

Old 11-30-2006, 07:33 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
No flaming guys, come on. I was considering the airaid junior because it judt changes out the stock baffling and use my K/N dropin. All that aside, what truck do you drive, you don't tell much in your original post and some more detail will help you get some good responses. You could also try a search.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:36 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
WTF wazzup wit ur ghetto wrd processor ??? LOL

Sorry - couldn't resist

Anyway, to answer your question, & long story short, any aftermarket intake that alters the MAF transfer function requires a custom tune to correct same.

Otherwise the risk is high for Air/fuels being off and hence sub-optimal performance and/or engine damage.

Run-of the mill K&N, AEM's, Airaids, Greens, Tru's and the 3" AF1, etc, don't seem to exhibit this issue. This has been determined by repeated testing, thanks to one vendor - Troyer Performance.

The JLT, AF1 3.25", Af1 3.5", do, and these will require a true custom tune (not a modified 'canned' tune - sorry).

Please note that it is still highly recommended to have your A/F's checked if you do an intake mod - it really is the only way to be absolutely certain they are safe.

Use the Search feature here, as there is a fountain of info related to this topic - I've only scratched the surface.

BTW - The JLT intake is not an AF1- where did you get that tidbit of mis-info?

PS - no biggie, but your posts are kinda hard to read, ok? Wouldn't hurt to inject a little sentence structure/grammer into them ....

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Bubba

Last edited by MGDfan; 11-30-2006 at 07:38 AM.

Quick Reply: jlt, kn, or airraid jr