Fram Boost Intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006 | 08:40 PM
|
Fram Boost Intake

I have a 04 F150 Fx4 that I installed a Fram Boost intake on in March 06. Just 2 weeks ago the check engine light came on. Took it to the dealer and they said it was showing a "lean" code and wanted to blame it on the cold air intake. They stated they could not find anything else wrong and just cleared the code. It was off for four days and is now back on again. Anyone have a similar problem with the Fram. Fram states it is not the cold air intake and probably is a dirty sensor or EGR valve? The dealer does not seem to want to look into this. Any help from anybody is appreciated.

Old 12-05-2006 | 09:20 PM
More than likely it IS running lean. Mike troyer (troyer performance) tested all of the intake kits for these trucks and found that ONLY 2 don't cause a lean condition. 1) airaid which I use 2) air force one.

Old 12-05-2006 | 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by jmt0645
More than likely it IS running lean. Mike troyer (troyer performance) tested all of the intake kits for these trucks and found that ONLY 2 don't cause a lean condition. 1) airaid which I use 2) air force one.
Any intake will cause a vehicle to run lean. Just not enough to damage but enough to throw a CEL.
AF1 and Air Raid I'm sure have thrown codes for lean condition. Search this forum, there are some threads telling of this.

Old 12-06-2006 | 01:31 PM
this may help you my truck does not throw that code anymore reset ur computer by unhooking the batt for 5min the engine will learn to use the intake properly the manufacture states to disconnect batt for this reason

Old 12-06-2006 | 09:05 PM
Here something off Mike web page
As of 04-19-05, this Airaid intake is 1 of only 2 intake kits on the market that actually add significant power gains *and* do NOT cause the engine to run lean in the F-150's 3-valve 5.4 motor (the Air Force One intake kit is the other one, which we just finished testing the final version of as of 04-19-05). This Airaid kit is a very well-engineered kit that is safe to use for anything - daily driver, towing, drag racing, show, or any type of vehicle use.

The improved throttle response & sheer raw power gains from this intake kit are incredible, making a solid 20 HP gain at the rear wheels at just 3000 rpm, and almost 15 HP at only 2000 rpm - right where the new 3-valve 5.4 motor needs it the most!
Thats where I got the info
no offense intended.

Quick Reply: Fram Boost Intake