K&N Gen2 installed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006 | 06:44 PM
|
Talking K&N Gen2 installed!

Just installed my new K&N Gen2 intake today. I will have to say I was worried that I wouldn't get the results I expected but I did. The truck has more pep now and the exhaust is a little more throaty. Took a little longer than I expected to install, (probably because my 19 month old son wanted to help a little too much...lol.), and I haven't had time to see about the MPG yet but all in all, Im pleased. Pics of the install in the gallery.

Old 12-12-2006 | 12:17 PM
I would be very interested in any mpg results when you have them
thanks

Old 12-12-2006 | 05:22 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
What is the diameter on the intake tube, I know the AF1 has the 3" for stock and the 3.25" for custom tunes. I like K&N products so im also interested in the performance/mpg ratings youll be able to give. Hows the sound when you get on the gas, and i see you said it improves the exhaust. . that might make my true duals louder. . .hum. .

This site is a wallet killer. . .

Old 12-12-2006 | 07:48 PM
|
As far as the diameter, Im not sure but you could probably get that from the K&N website. The power increase is actually more than I expected. I have true dual flowmasters and those coupled with the intake seemed to give my truck a big kick in the ***. The sound I couldnt be happier with. The truck still has a low pur while cruising, but when you put it to the floor it now has a deep throaty sound. It sounded good before but know its just a little louder and deeper. All in all, I would give this intake a "A+", it does exactly as K&N claims.

Quick Reply: K&N Gen2 installed!