Anyone running an s&b intake?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 12:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Anyone running an s&b intake?

In saw this pic below on a post in 04-present. I can't get over how nice this intake looks and I went to their website to check it out. It is fairly inexpensive compared to others and it looks good. Has numbers comparable to other intake systems. I may have to bite the bullet on this one.

http://www.sbfilters.com/product_display.php?id=2899

Old 02-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have one on the way. I'll be sure to post my opinion when I get it installed along with some pictures. Jon

Old 02-04-2007, 07:12 PM
looks pretty nice

Old 02-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Mine is also on the way, ill be sure and do a write up and get some pics for yall!

Old 02-05-2007, 08:00 AM

Thanks.

Old 02-05-2007, 05:35 PM
I just may put this to the front of the mod list, this is the first intake ive seen that I really like. I cant wait for your write ups. Are any of you guys running the Edge and exhaust?

Old 02-05-2007, 05:46 PM

I have an edge and a magnaflow muffler, but it's welded into the stock piping. This intake will make a difference for sure. I am contemplating a true dual magnaflow system after I get this intake.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:46 PM
No edge or any other tuner, but I will have a Borla exhaust to go with the intake. Jon

Old 02-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I have the edge and exhaust! The intake should really complete the whole package.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:39 AM
just installed yesterday - see link for details

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=268297

I will subscribe to this thread too - let me know if I can answer any questions.

Caanan

Old 02-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by FX4life
I have the edge and exhaust! The intake should really complete the whole package.
I have the Edge and a Magnaflow si/so and agree that this intake will complement my mods. I just have to figure out how to get it without the wife knowing. I got tires and wheels after Thanksgiving and the exhaust after Christmas and she wants to know where im getting money from lol. I tell her dont worry about it but thats not working any more and the intake would just put her over the top.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:09 PM
As posted in my review located at the link above, you will need custom tuning as well to run this intake. The EDGE will not adjust fuel to match the extra air, and you will get a check engine light. I have ordered custom tunes from Troyer and will be selling my EDGE when that arrives.
I'm not saying don't buy it (I am very happy with mine), just plan on the extra expense of custom tuning.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dinlong
As posted in my review located at the link above, you will need custom tuning as well to run this intake. The EDGE will not adjust fuel to match the extra air, and you will get a check engine light. I have ordered custom tunes from Troyer and will be selling my EDGE when that arrives.
I'm not saying don't buy it (I am very happy with mine), just plan on the extra expense of custom tuning.
Hi.

Well, that's very interesting.

Recently, that 'Knucklepunk' guy (eng for S&B) was explaining how his company's intakes did not require tuning....

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=59

I was always skeptical, because as some of you know, any intake that offers significantly more performance and/or relocates the MAF ( not K&N/MIT/Volant, etc, sorry) will likely alter the MAF transfer function enough to require appropriate correction.

Glad you set that straight

Let us know how the tunes work out. You gonna datalog?

Cheers (Nature's; beer fridge - my back deck !)
Bubba

EDIT - dinlong - just saw your parallel thread to this one ...

Last edited by MGDfan; 02-06-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Interesting, I had not seen that thread before. When I spoke to someone at S&B before they told me I would not need programming, but considering how much more air this thing flows I don't see how that could be.

Oh well - I was thinking about switching to the Xcal2 anyways - now I have a good excuse. I guess my in-dash unit will have to wait a little while longer!

Caanan

Old 02-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dinlong
Interesting, I had not seen that thread before. When I spoke to someone at S&B before they told me I would not need programming, but considering how much more air this thing flows I don't see how that could be.

Oh well - I was thinking about switching to the Xcal2 anyways - now I have a good excuse. I guess my in-dash unit will have to wait a little while longer!

Caanan
Hi.

You'll be getting your CPW's from TP soon - you must specify your intake model there.

You may also want to call Crystal back & let her know which exact model of S&B you have - if it's really recent, I don't know if Mike has had a chance to test them yet. (Calling Mr. Marc Carpenter - you there, Dad? - would you know, per chance?).

Good luck!

Cheers
Bubba

Quick Reply: Anyone running an s&b intake?