Glass packs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glass packs?

All of you guys say dynaflow but i've never heard of them before and my exhaust shop has never dealt with them... how would a glass pack sound on the 5.4? or is that kind of what a magna flow is?

Old 02-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Magnaflow is a muffler... Mufflers use baffles, or certain packing... Glasspacks use fiberglass packing, but they can wear out over time. They sound good though if your looking for a real agressive sound... Personally ilike the dynomax bullet muffler, i have two of them... It looks like a glasspack, but its not... Its a round muffler that uses ceramic packing, instead of fiberglass. Which pretty much means it wont burn out like a glass pack. I have never heard of that brand of glasspack that your talking about..., but glasspacks pretty much all brands give the same result. mufflers are alot different, as different brands providea different tone...

-Kurt

Old 02-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Actually if you were to throw magnaflow into a certain "category", it would have to be with glass packs. Not mufflers.

Ever looked in a magnaflow "muffler"? There aren't any baffles in there. It's basically built like a glasspack. Now look into a flowmaster muffler, you can't see crap, it's all baffles.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Just so happens that I can comment on this one. I just took my truck to a muffler shop today and had the huge stocker chopped off and a glass pack put in. I also had them trim the tail pipe and weld on a stainless tip that I had brought with me. The best part of it all was that the glass pack and the labor only cost me 45 bucks.
Now for the sound- I think that it's great. I was a little nervous just because I didn't want it to be too loud, but I don't think that it's too loud at all. It sounds like there is actually a motor with some horsepower. As for sound inside of the cab, I can hear it when I step on the gas, however, once the tranny drops into overdrive the sound is gone. I've never been so happy to hit a stop light...

Old 02-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Anyone ever tried Flowtech Glass packs? I was thinking about getting some put on my 05 4.6L.

Quick Reply: Glass packs?