Which Air intake system is the best for F-150?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by PearlandAl
Thanks MGD. If you were in town would introuduce to some nice lovely latin women and have some
Oh man !!!

I know how to drive & I have maps !!!

Thanks a bunch - that's very kind of you!

Cheers
Bubba

Old 02-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where can I get AF1 the cheapest?

Old 02-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Where can I get AF1 the cheapest?
Hi.

That's a good question - not too many places selling them, & they are not cheap.

Try AF1's web site & click on Dealers - - then contact the various suppliers for pricing...

http://www.airforceoneperformance.com/

For what it's worth, I think TP offers free shipping and as a member here you get a discount. Plus great after-sales customer service. That's worth something (actually, a lot) in my book.

Cheers
Bubba

Old 02-23-2007, 11:10 AM
no i talked to TP and they dont offer free shipping but I am wondering it autoeverything has them in stock. I will check but I am still not convienced AF1 is the way to go and am not sold on open air system just yet. I really think down here in the south you have to go with a closed sealed intake system like the S&B or the Volant. Now I am trying to choose between the two. Knucklehead made allot of good points in the previous threads

Old 02-23-2007, 02:06 PM
I think I will hold off on my purchase until I get the Troyer report....I cant wait to see the results. I really pulling for the closed air intake system at this point......lets go S&B prove yourself!!!!!!

Old 02-23-2007, 03:06 PM
when do the troyer reports come out?

Old 02-23-2007, 03:20 PM
I talked to Crystal today and she said they should be out sometime next week they are going to be testing it this weekend.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:23 PM
MGDFAN I read the thread with you and chester and know alittle concerned about installing an intake system. Am I going to need to buy a tunner in order to have an intake system running on stock. I am waiting for the S&B result Troyer is having this weekend to make my final decision between AF1 or S&B but give your take on running long term intake system on my truck without having to buy a tunner.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Is Troyer dyno testing the new S&B and AF1?

Old 02-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that these two already dyno proven intakes look very nice too:
http://store.bankspower.com/Categori...67-ebad6007787
and
http://www.outlawpower.com/productdetail.php?sc=1486 You get a choice of the normal oiled cotton filter or their NeverOil filter.

Old 02-25-2007, 09:55 AM
MGDFAN I read the thread with you and chester and know alittle concerned about installing an intake system. Am I going to need to buy a tunner in order to have an intake system running on stock. I am waiting for the S&B result Troyer is having this weekend to make my final decision between AF1 or S&B but give your take on running long term intake system on my truck without having to buy a tunner.

Hi.

Well, from the info available here, only the 3" AF1 can be safely used without a tuner. If you go up to the 3.5" ( 3.25" is being phased out of TP's inventory) then custom tuning is necessary.

As for S&B, I'm aware that the manufacturer claims no changes are necessry, but as I've stated previously I at least, am waiting for independent confirmation of this by TP's tests.

For the other intakes - consider this: Mike Troyer has stated he has developed transfer functions for several of those other intakes - this is compelling evidence that some issues with the MAF have been observed empirically, and custom tuning is highly advisable. That's a LOT of effort, and those TF's should not be necessary if no issues existed. All you fellow intake customers should take heed of this.

Finally, there is the issue (as you've already read about) of the variance these 04+'s have right from the factory - and the ONLY way to be sure is to measure under controlled conditions.

You can't rely on 'no CEL's', or by the strategy code, or by looking at the truck, and you certainly cannot correct for it by gesswork ( 'I think I'll just add some more fuel at WOT'..), despite what other people claim.

Claims are just that 'Claims'... I trust my truck to hard data.

Prudent to wait for those results - I'm in the same boat as you - trying to choose an intake. Since I have aleady datalogged my truck, TP knows precisely how his tunes are behaving on my vehicle. So, regardless of which intake I choose ( 3.5" AF1 or S&B), he will send new tunes along with the intake that include new MAF transfer functions, so that it remains safe - that's included in the price, too - which is just terrific!

But, since logging is just so much stinking fun, I plan to run it again for chits & giggles, & send back that data to be 100% certain.

OR - I just might go to a Dyno Day this summer, & get it installed & tuned right on the spot. LOL!

Oh, crap, RP - another 'windbagger'

Cheers
Bubba

Last edited by MGDfan; 02-25-2007 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:07 AM
I saw a spot on TV this weekend about the banks system. Looks pretty good. Anyone installed it yet?

Old 02-26-2007, 08:30 AM
On the S&b.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:32 AM
does anyone know what the out come of the results were for the S&B this weekend Troyer was going to do?

Old 02-26-2007, 09:57 AM
That's not Pearland, TX is it???

-Brian

Quick Reply: Which Air intake system is the best for F-150?