Which Air intake system is the best for F-150?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes sir Pearland Tx is correct. Any natives in the house sure would like to meet somone near by to go over engine details with.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:31 AM
I live in Kingwood, but I work right near Reliant (Holly Hall / 288)

If I get my updated tunes today I will be installing my AF1 3.25 and 93 perf tunes tonight...

-Brian

Old 02-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Cool I work in the Greenway #5, I am new to all this power enhancing stuff so trying to get fimilerized with all the different threads posted on this site. I have to say I actually sound like I know a thing or two about it now...lol... I just installed 40 series exhaust system on my 06. fx4 5.4 supercrew and it is sounding tuff ...I couldnt be happier. But I am a little confused about adding a CAI, I mean being that I am new to this I am reading that you need custom tunning programmers to go with a CAI system. Man I just want to add a CAI and be done with it you know. S&B claims that you dont need any custom tunning and so does AF1 3" what is your take on that and would you happen to know the results from Troyers dyno test on the S&B?

Old 02-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by PearlandAl
Cool I work in the Greenway #5, I am new to all this power enhancing stuff so trying to get fimilerized with all the different threads posted on this site. I have to say I actually sound like I know a thing or two about it now...lol... I just installed 40 series exhaust system on my 06. fx4 5.4 supercrew and it is sounding tuff ...I couldnt be happier. But I am a little confused about adding a CAI, I mean being that I am new to this I am reading that you need custom tunning programmers to go with a CAI system. Man I just want to add a CAI and be done with it you know. S&B claims that you dont need any custom tunning and so does AF1 3" what is your take on that and would you happen to know the results from Troyers dyno test on the S&B?

If you don't want to get a tuner then I doubt you can go wrong with either of those intakes. I'm sure the gain differences between those two intakes are marginal so I think you will be happy with either. If you are worried about an open filter element under your hood go with the S&B, if not go with the AF1. I am also curious of the dyno results from this weekend...

Old 02-26-2007, 11:07 AM
just talked to Mike on the phone and he said that the S&B didnt make as much horsepower at the AF1. So there it is AF1 still out performing any other intake in the Market. I think I will be going with the 3.50 AF1 and xcal 2. He did tell me that my 40 series flowmaster was not the best buy I should have gone with the Mega...darn it o well its on there now have to make the best out of it.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:13 AM
just talked to Mike on the phone and he said that the S&B didnt make as much horsepower at the AF1. So there it is AF1 still out performing any other intake in the Market. I think I will be going with the 3.50 AF1 and xcal 2. He did tell me that my 40 series flowmaster was not the best buy I should have gone with the Mega...darn it o well its on there now have to make the best out of it.

Yea, I thought the same thing when I heard you had the flow, but hey if you like the sound stick with it. I may weld in a magnaflow down the road, but I really would only be doing it for a perfomance gain, I could care less about hearing the exhaust in this truck...

-Brian

Old 02-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Pearl - when you talked to him, did Mike indicate the S&B was tested without the need for tuning? Very important info, bud !

Get back to us

Thanks

Cheers
bubba

Old 02-26-2007, 11:44 AM
No tunning needed.....

Old 02-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Can someone please explain to me why you would need two Programmers for tunning. I am reading ppl buying the xcal2 and the Edge Evolution. Doesnt the Edge do the same thing a xcal2 would.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Can someone please explain to me why you would need two Programmers for tunning. I am reading ppl buying the xcal2 and the Edge Evolution. Doesnt the Edge do the same thing a xcal2 would.
Hi.

Thanks for answering the previous question! I've made my decision - as well - AF1 3.5" !

Some folks want to use/retain the Edge's gauge display functionality (always connected & mounted in the truck), with the Xcal2's superior custom tuning.

You can use both - only the Xcal2 tunes are used.

I would rather just sell the edge & go buy a LiveWire - much more flexibility & truly enormous display versatility.

Cheers
Bubba

Old 02-26-2007, 11:52 AM
02xlt email me your info. would like to check out your truck and chat about some upgrade I am fixing to install. albenavidez27@hotmail.com

Old 02-26-2007, 11:56 AM
No prob MGD btw how much you want for the Edge?

Old 02-26-2007, 12:06 PM
No prob MGD btw how much you want for the Edge?
Me? With an Edge ?? LMAOROFL !!!

Sorry, I wasn't clear on that - it was just advice for those folks who already have an Edge & want to move on up to some real tuning. Some have indicated they would be buying an Xcal2 in addition to keeping the Edge for display - I proposed an alternative to keep the device count down, save some money & acquire more functionality....

I am a proud Xcal2 owner - and if TP decides to offer a trade-up, I'm in. Don't really want to have to sell it over @ VMP, but their trade-in pricing is compelling. ...

Cheers
Bubba

PS - o2xlt - same some wimin fer me !!!

Old 02-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Was the dyno testing conducted with the truck's hood open or closed?

I don't drive with my hood open.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by torqueaholic
Was the dyno testing conducted with the truck's hood open or closed?

I don't drive with my hood open.
Woo-Hoo ... good for you

Got a phone handy - you can always phone & confirm, but I believe its closed.

Quick Reply: Which Air intake system is the best for F-150?