Which Air intake system is the best for F-150?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MGDFan,
Torqueaholic is most likely a "manager" at his work and thus get's answers by having people like you find answers for him so he doesn't have to do any actual work himself.

The question of if the hood was open or closed is a good one, MOST of the dyno's that i have seen have the hood of the car open. You can just watch youtube dyno videos to see that it is true. I'll email Troyer right now and ask him.

Last edited by ranchocucbro; 02-26-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:13 AM
I beleive they dyno tested both intake systems with the hood open so it really doenst matter AF1 seems like it out performed the S&B but who am I to count on that just what I heard....wasnt there to confirm. Is there anyone out there who has owned both systems and can confirm AF1 out powers the S&B?

Old 02-27-2007, 08:20 AM
I'm sure Mike can tell you this....

-Brian

Old 02-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Who Mike Troyer?

Old 02-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Yea, although I thought you said you had already spoke with him and he said that the AF1 out performed the S&B? I doubt anyone that has installed both could tell the power difference between the two. We are talking marginal differences in 5,000+ pound trucks...

-Brian

Old 02-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Well thats why I asked if anyone else had experienced the two other than the dealer pushing AF1.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Even if it is marginal, it becomes a bigger factor as you add more performance. Also, you would think you can't tell a difference, but until you actually try one that is bad and one that is good you'll be amazed.
*I'm speaking in general and not about specific intakes under discussion.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Well fellas I have made up my mind and after careful thought and spending two weeks reading different threads posted I have changed my mind and will be going with the S&B CAI and Edge programmer. I feel this is the best combo that will fit my style of driving....if I had the fianances to do it 10 years ago proabably would have gone with the AF1 CAI and xcal2 but now with the family and kids ferquently being in the truck I think it safe to go with that combo. Thanks everyone for your takes and hope to talk to everyone soon when I began my ram hood and brake mods. adios amigos....

Old 03-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by PearlandAl
Well fellas I have made up my mind and after careful thought and spending two weeks reading different threads posted I have changed my mind and will be going with the S&B CAI and Edge programmer. I feel this is the best combo that will fit my style of driving....if I had the fianances to do it 10 years ago proabably would have gone with the AF1 CAI and xcal2 but now with the family and kids ferquently being in the truck I think it safe to go with that combo. Thanks everyone for your takes and hope to talk to everyone soon when I began my ram hood and brake mods. adios amigos....
Thats what I did for the same reason, I always have the wife and kids and the Edge worked out great you will be very pleased with it. I will get the S&B this summer.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:24 PM

Let me know when you want to line them up in Pearland so I can show you why you made a bad choice... *just picking*

-Brian

Old 03-01-2007, 04:31 PM
like i said 10 years ago i would have taken you on but now days its all about baseball practice softball practice and fishing and i am sure i will turn some heads out at the ball park......but who knows might take you up on it one of these happy hours when i am feeling good...lol

Old 03-01-2007, 04:37 PM
like i said 10 years ago i would have taken you on but now days its all about baseball practice softball practice and fishing and i am sure i will turn some heads out at the ball park......but who knows might take you up on it one of these happy hours when i am feeling good...lol
I hear ya brother...

-Brian

Old 03-02-2007, 07:14 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hi PearlandAl;

Good luck & let us know how it all works out.

Are you going to buy those from Mike? Best customer service anywhere...

Cheers
Bubba

Old 03-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Hi PearlandAl;

Good luck & let us know how it all works out.

Are you going to buy those from Mike? Best customer service anywhere...

Cheers
Bubba

Is Mike selling the new S&B kit?

Old 03-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by josho66
Is Mike selling the new S&B kit?
Yes, Josh

Quick Reply: Which Air intake system is the best for F-150?