omg what do i do?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007 | 11:20 PM
|
Question omg what do i do?!?

ok i have a S+B Intake in my possesion as of right now.. i am lookin at it sittin in the box collecting dust.. the reason is, is because the 06 has different mass air flow sensors than the 04's and 05's..

heres my thing.. i have the opportuninty to exchnage that intake with the one that fits my truck and pay the difference, orrr... i can get a diff brand.

this past weekend, i drove in my freinds brothers older style tundra.. all it had done to it was a intake and flowmasters... the effin thing was soooooooooo fast.. liek nasty.. his intake was a AEM brute force.. and when he was pedal to the floor.. u could here the intake sucking in the air.. it was rediculous.. i loved it.. but my thing is now..

WHAT THE HELL should i do.. get a AEM.. stay with S+B, go with the AF1, K&N... AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!... but i was also thinking about the volant untill i heard about its loss in high end..

if any one has the AEM for there 06.. 4.6l.. plz let me know how u like it..
and for any other sugestions.. thank you...

-B.F.D.M.

Old 02-22-2007 | 11:56 PM
Well I guess you need to decide that yourself. Ask yourself why did you bought the S+B in the first place. Why are you are having second thoughts now? Upgrade if it will only cost you a little more.

Old 02-23-2007 | 12:35 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
I would call up S&b before you did anything else, they have top notch customer service and could probably help you out. Its worth a try, they have a great product, im pretty sure once you got it resolved and on you wouldnt be sorry at all. I know first hand their customer service is like no other!

Old 02-23-2007 | 07:26 AM
Hi.

I agree with FX4life.... your least stressful way to deal with this is thru S&B support. Was the model year not specified?

If you decide to choose another brand, well,you know my choice - AF1. Althouh AEM appears to be getting some good press here.

However, I would wait until the tests are done this weekend before you buy anything - you may in fact want to stay with S&B.

As for the Tundra - much lighter truck, gearing, etc - doubt it had anything to do with the intake, and certainly the FartMasters added absolutely nothing to the equation except sound. Stupid silly little baffles and all . Sound does not equal speed.

With just an Xcal2 & TP's max perf high octane tuning, I have no problems with pesky Tundras. As for the new model - well, I think I would need some more mods..

Good Luck.

Cheers
Bubba

Old 02-23-2007 | 02:11 PM
|
abou the customer service with S+B.. yes i called them first and told them about the problem, but there is nothing i could do bc i did not buy it through them.. i bought it from "mad dog performance" a store on ebay.. the day i installed it, the guy said i could returnb it or echange it... its been about 3 weeks and i have been tryin to contact them by phone and email, and so far havnt heard back at all.. so im not sure what to do.. keep tryin for sure.. but i might just go wtih the AEM and then again, after i see the results with the tesat, i may stay with the S+B..

and about the flows.. i know it doesnt do anyhting, but i was just emphasising that those are his only mods.. and about the new tundra, i test drove it with a friend for ****s and giggles, and honestly, i was not impressed.. they advertise 281 HP.. and over 400 tq. but it didnt not come close to the response and torque i feel with my brother in laws 05 hemi..

thanks again guys, keep the comments comin, i want to hear more.

Old 02-23-2007 | 07:21 PM
Really, i don't know what to tell you. AEM does not carry an intake for the 2006 4.6L, or atleast not on their website. I would try to exchange for the S&B if it was me. I do have a K&N intake and it definitely sucks some air in when you gun it. I am sure overall they are all about the same.

Old 02-24-2007 | 01:42 AM
Thumbs down

Back in November I purchased the AF1 Intake through Troyer Performance for my 2006 Supercrew with 4.6 engine. It did not work because evidently Ford changed the MAF and it's location as well, on the F-150s made after May of '06. It is nearly March and I am still waiting for them to "re-engineer" their Intake to fit my Truck, as they promised. The latest excuse is that for the last 3 weeks, they have not been able to "borrow" or "rent" a Ford Truck with this configuration so they can perform the R&D! Troyer has been good in trying to help with my problem (since I bought it from them) but it seems they have no clout or influence with Air Force 1. I wouldnt recommend AF1 to ANYONE as their R&D Dept. could care less about the customer, which doesnt say much for that whole organization. Oh, and AF1 stopped taking my direct calls after about the first 3 weeks...Buy yourself something that will fit properly or from an outlet that wont try to blow smoke up your a** when their product wont perform as advertised. Sorry to vent...

Last edited by 1buddyc; 02-25-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Old 02-25-2007 | 08:41 PM
My Volant doesnt lose anything on high end. It runs and sounds great.

Old 02-26-2007 | 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by BlackFX4inTN
My Volant doesnt lose anything on high end. It runs and sounds great.
Sorry. Definitely tested & shown to choke above 4,000 rpm ( in comparison with an AF1).

For your reference:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...63&postcount=9

Compared to stock, it's probably holding it's own though ...

Cheers
Bubba

Quick Reply: omg what do i do?!?