I got drone

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007 | 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by hmfic
I had the same exact Magnaflow using the stock piping.. I have absolutly no drone in my 05 5.4L. I actually wished it was louder.
I am also running the same muffler in my 94 Bronco 5.0L. That drones like crazy.

Where did you have them mount it? I had the shop weld mine in as far back as possible as shown in the picture on the F150. That way the muffler is actually sitting below the box, not the cab. When my KR gets delivered I think I'm going to do the same thing again.

What size tubing are you running? I have 3" from the Y-Back and the 18" maggie switching to the 24 inch and I don't really have uncomfortable drone, just want her a liiiiiiiiiitle bit quieter for professional reasons. I feel a little teenish in some crowds!!!

Old 02-25-2007 | 01:53 AM
Originally Posted by anaheim_drew
I thought so also.........then I had the pleasure of his informative post 94 here
I think it explains his frame of mind......or the reduced capacity of it
Oh geez you guys need to loosen up a little... Maybe truck guys are older and way too serious, I don`t know..
Relax, turn the sarcasm radar back on and everything will be ok , I promise.

Last edited by Dan99Hawk; 02-25-2007 at 01:56 AM.
Old 02-25-2007 | 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by Blaster1420
What size tubing are you running? I have 3" from the Y-Back and the 18" maggie switching to the 24 inch and I don't really have uncomfortable drone, just want her a liiiiiiiiiitle bit quieter for professional reasons. I feel a little teenish in some crowds!!!
Not in this crowd bud, try again. This is a 14" in STOCK pipes. I'm telling you, its not loud.. I can barely hear it in the cab. Your 3" pipe is probably your problem.

Heres a thread I found from a quick search.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=228471

Last edited by hmfic; 02-25-2007 at 02:28 AM.
Old 02-25-2007 | 04:29 PM
|
Originally Posted by hmfic
That's funny - that looks like a picture of my install. Yes, I have stock pipe before and after the can, except what they had to route to make up for the difference in lengths of the two exhausts.

I guess I'm coming off as being a little hateful, it's only bad for those certain RPMs... but unfortunately I happen to spend a lot of time at part throttle in those RPMs and that's when the drone's the worst. I am seriously thinking of returning it so they can swap in an 18. Or something.

Quick Reply: I got drone