I'm little PO'd with S&B filters

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered my SB intake from autoanything.com and recieved it in 4 days, the price was under $245 at the time with a promotion code. I've also not had any issues with the intake, and am more then pleased with the performance.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Remember this guys...some of you (05 and up model) will not have any problem getting your product on time from any source. S&B had to re-design intake tube for the 04 model due to difference in engine bay. My problem with S&B is why list and sale knowing the product isnt ready for shipment. Upon order, it stated in my order it will be ship 3-5 days. Well in my case 3-5 days came and went. Everytime I called, reps told me next day, next day...etc. I will not recommend S&B to anyone I know. Hear this S&B, please hire better marketing director (if you even have one).

Old 03-01-2007, 05:23 AM
I posted his email address so you guys could let him know your thoughts, telling S&B here isn't going to do much. But, he's made his email available thru the magazines, he wants feedback on his company, that he bought a few years ago.

Let him know, I would only assume things will change. Bet he's not aware of people commiting to it shipping when it's still being redesigned or what have you.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:09 AM
So what is the status for the '04 intakes right now??? Are they shipping or are they still waiting???

Old 03-01-2007, 09:29 AM
the intakes without engraving shipped out monday

Old 03-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by cannonballgsu
the intakes without engraving shipped out monday

How about those with engraving?? I was thinking of getting one but would want engraving I think, did they mention how long before those start going out?

Old 03-02-2007, 01:21 PM
I did'nt ask, but you can call ans ask them, when you get them on the phone they will answer your questions, just not in emails.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:44 PM
i ordered my intake with an ingraving from s&b on feb. 22 and still have not recieved it (march 3). i guess if its not here by monday afternoon i will have to employ my master bitching skills and get some of the price knocked off. i also read about the wonderful customer service. goes to show you dont believe everthing that you read

Old 03-03-2007, 08:26 PM
To our valued customers and supporters:

Let me be the first to apologize for any problems and/or delays that you've experienced while dealing S&B Filters. We take our customer service very seriously and it upsets me to hear when our customers are unhappy. I give you my word that I'll promptly address and/or resolve any issue(s) brought to my attention. I will also inform our company president, Berry Carter, of this thread and the details surrounding it. Believe me when I say that customer complaints do not go ignored.

On another note, please remember that S&B Filters does not have someone monitoring the forums on a daily basis. It was only by chance that I was directed to this thread by a valued customer of mine just minutes ago. With that being said, contacting us directly is your best option for resolving any issues that you may have.

If anyone is still experiencing customer service problems with S&B, I ask that you contact Jay Crouch or Berry Carter directly. We are available almost 24hrs a day by email or we can be reached via telephone during normal business hours. Again, our customer complaints are taken very seriously and I apologize for inconvenience that you may have experienced.

jcrouch AT sbfiltersDOTnet - Jay Crouch
bcarter AT sbfiltersDOTnet - Berry Carter (President)

Thanks in advance,

Jay Crouch
S&B Filters
(909) 947-0015
www.sbfilters.com

Old 03-03-2007, 08:46 PM
It appears that the majority of the complaints are associated with intakes being ordered with custom engraving on the lid. I know that the spindle on our engraving machine was damaged and the down time was longer than expected. The replacement spindle should have been shipped next day air, but it was mistakenly sent UPS ground (which took an extra 5 days). Without making excuses, the spindle and the machine will be fixed after UPS delivers on Monday.

Now, this does not excuse any customer service issues that you might have experienced. Anyone who ordered an intake with an engraved lid should have been informed of the problem and given a new estimated ship date. You have every right to complain and I apologize for the way our team handled this problem.

If anyone would like to know the status on their order, please email me directly and I'll personally give you an update on Monday.

Thanks again,

Jay Crouch
S&B Filters
(909) 947-0015

Old 03-04-2007, 03:22 PM
while I appreciate your concern, my opinion is that you shouldn't put products on your website that are not available to ship. I ordered the intake WITHOUT an engraving and it wasn't available for shipment until over a week later. The problem was that you were still testing them...which made me a little worried that i had bought an intake that was still being tested and I was not informed until i called. Also i heard "tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow" for a while before it was actually shipped. I'll let you know what i think of the filter when i FINALLY get it. Thanks.

BTW, Berry answered my emails promptly and was the only to do so, which was impressive, and i appreciate that.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by cannonballgsu
while I appreciate your concern, my opinion is that you shouldn't put products on your website that are not available to ship. I ordered the intake WITHOUT an engraving and it wasn't available for shipment until over a week later. The problem was that you were still testing them...which made me a little worried that i had bought an intake that was still being tested and I was not informed until i called. Also i heard "tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow" for a while before it was actually shipped. I'll let you know what i think of the filter when i FINALLY get it. Thanks.

BTW, Berry answered my emails promptly and was the only to do so, which was impressive, and i appreciate that.
Thank you for your reply.

When you were being told "tomorrow", did you happen to get the name of the person with whom you were speaking with? You mention that Berry answered your emails promptly, so is he the only person who you spoke with?

In regards to the 2004 model specific intake, I know that it was pulled from the website because of fitment issues about a week after the 75-5016 was launched. This is due to Ford placing an electrical box where our S&B air box would normally sit. This electrical box was moved on 2005+ model year F150's. This is what caused out fitment issue and why we had to redesign ONLY the mounting system for the 2004 years only.

When you were told that we were still "testing" the intake, the testing was actually fitment tests and not performance tests. Nothing has changed on the 2004 model specific kit other than the mounting hole location on the box and about 1/4" of material on the tube.

Does any of this excuse the delay in your shipment? No, it does not and I again apologize for any trouble that this may have caused you. Please email me directly so I can look into your order and hopefully find a way to satisfy you. I don't like unhappy customers and I'd appreciate a chance to make things right with you.

Thanks again for you reply and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Jay Crouch
S&B Filters, Inc.
(909) 947-0015

Old 03-05-2007, 08:31 PM
got my intake today and installed it and here are my:

great instructions
sounds great
decent gains

Dislikes:
some parts were a little rough such as the engraving and stamp on the tube
the tube on the left (passanger side) should have been left OEM if possible
VERY Tight fit on the throttle body

TESTING......I TESTED THE TRUCK, SLOW, THEN GUNNED THE HELL OUT OF IT AND NO CEL.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:28 AM
What year truck do you have and did you have the stock intake and filter on before...exhaust...programmer?

Old 03-06-2007, 10:55 AM
i have an 04 f150
comming from stock intake
i have the superchips programmer on level 3 with 93 octane fuel
stock exhaust

as soon as i refill and run that tank of fuel empty i'll report back with miledge(sp???). with the programmer and a heavy foot, i got 14mpg

Quick Reply: I'm little PO'd with S&B filters