Magnaflow 16612 ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys, im interested in the magnaflow for my s-crew.have a few questions. does it clear the hitch and spare? does it use stock hangers? and where did you get it from. thanks!!!!!

Old 03-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Zig
Originally Posted by JerPamB
hey guys, im interested in the magnaflow for my s-crew.have a few questions. does it clear the hitch and spare? does it use stock hangers? and where did you get it from. thanks!!!!!
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
performacncepeddler.com. Seacrch the forum or email them for the discount code.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by Zig
performacncepeddler.com. Seacrch the forum or email them for the discount code.
Go on ebay and find the auction for this exhuast and make an offer...I just got an excellent deal on the 16614...it's in the back seat right now waiting to be installed.

Ordered it Thurs. and it was delivered yesterday.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:05 AM

I had my whole system professionaly bent and installed on my FX4. I guess I was scared off by purchasing the kit since I hear so many fit issues. I had a local custom exhaust place do mine in full stainless steel. No problems at all since all the piping was custom bent around my spare tire, hitch, etc... You pay a bit more, but that's what i would recommend!

Old 03-13-2007, 09:24 PM
vjhpac- please let me know how the install goes. my truck is identical to yours-except its still stock for now.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:00 PM
I installed magnaflow siso exhaust last week. it wasn't to bad. The only problem I had diconnecting the extension pipe, because nobody told me the original exhaust had bump which locks the exhaust together. I started it myself then my dad came out to help finally pulling,twisting and getting mad exhaust gave up and separated. WE couldn't figure out why it would not pop out. I took the exhaust off in one piece with no jackstands. I supported the exhaust with a jack stand since I unbolted all hangers off the frame

Old 03-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Zig,

Could you take some pics of your muffler and tailpipe? I would like to see where your tip wound up after you flipped the muffler. The tip on my 16612 is parallel to my rear tire and it is right on the edge of the fender opening. I've tried adjusting the angle but I can't get it any further back. I would like to put some molded mudguards on but the tip is too close to the fender opening right now.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:54 AM
Zig
Originally Posted by kd4crs
Could you take some pics of your muffler and tailpipe? I would like to see where your tip wound up after you flipped the muffler. The tip on my 16612 is parallel to my rear tire and it is right on the edge of the fender opening. I've tried adjusting the angle but I can't get it any further back. I would like to put some molded mudguards on but the tip is too close to the fender opening right now.
I'll see if I can grab some tomorrow after I get home from work if it's not too dark.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Zig
I'll see if I can grab some tomorrow after I get home from work if it's not too dark.
No rush. Thanks, man.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:35 AM
vjhpac- please let me know how the install goes. my truck is identical to yours-except its still stock for now.
Install wasn't hard...just took a little longer than what I hoped for...about 3 hours total, with help from a buddy.

I posted a new thread in the 04 and newer forum.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Zig
No rush. Thanks, man.
I didn't get any pics of the muffler but I believe these are more of what you were after. You can see the before pics in my gallery. Sorry for the B&W pics I didn't check the setting before. If you need anything else let me know.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:08 PM

Zig, Your tip is where I want mine to be. Mine is all the way up at the fender opening. I just don't see how flipping the muffler will move my tip to the rear though. Thanks very much for the pictures.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Mine is about one inch closer to the wheel than zig's is and looks totally normal. What size bed do you have kd4crs? Also now that I am typing this reply what year is your truck kd4crs compared to zig? (I will look in your profile once I post this) Looking at zig's muffler picture in an earlier post our hangers on that pipe shown are on opposite sides. I suspect some subtle differences in the muffler hangers on different model years that could account for the tip location maybe??

EDIT: Well, hell I guess we all have 2006 models... maybe slight differences between 4X4, FX4, and XLT??

-Brian

Old 03-19-2007, 11:28 PM

02XLT, I have the 5.5 ft. bed. I just can't figure out why my tip is so close to the fender opening.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:41 PM
02XLT, I have the 5.5 ft. bed. I just can't figure out why my tip is so close to the fender opening.

All of your hangers lined up without having to bend or anything right? That is strange that you are having an issue. Did you use the correct inlet pipe? I think there was an 18inch or 24inch pipe you use depending on model year? Just asking I doubt you could put the wrong one on due to hanger locations...

Also now that it is daylight and I can see my truck better, my tailpipe is right at the end of the fender well. On the FX4 we have the lip molding on the wheel wells. My tip it right under the molding, not in the wheel well mind you, but right under the molding. It looks fine though... So it appears my location is the same as yours??

-Brian

Quick Reply: Magnaflow 16612 ordered!