Magnaflow 16612 ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007 | 07:21 AM
|
Magnaflow 16612 ordered!

Well, I thought I was not going to buy an exhaust for this truck but I sent a best offer to performance peddler and it was accepted, so I just placed the order. Now I need to start preparing for the wife's response when it gets delivered.

-Brian

Old 03-01-2007 | 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by 02XLT
Well, I thought I was not going to buy an exhaust for this truck but I sent a best offer to performance peddler and it was accepted, so I just placed the order. Now I need to start preparing for the wife's response when it gets delivered.

-Brian
Congrats on the exhaust

If you don't me askin'....what was the offer?

I feel your pain on explaining it to the wife...she just NOW found out about the wheels I bought about 3 weeks ago.:o

Does this mean you have to have your tune done again since you have the xCal?

Old 03-01-2007 | 02:40 PM
|
$380.... not sure how much lower I could have went, but hopefully that was a good price. As for the xcal2 , I am going to do my dattalogging after the exhaust install, but as far as I know you don't need any tunning changes for a 'catback' exhaust.

-Brian

Old 03-04-2007 | 03:01 PM
$380.... not sure how much lower I could have went, but hopefully that was a good price. As for the xcal2 , I am going to do my dattalogging after the exhaust install, but as far as I know you don't need any tunning changes for a 'catback' exhaust.

-Brian

380, if delivered price, is not bad. I got mine delivered for 358.oo but that was with a special discount code I got from a friend. I have the same exhaust on my 07, you'll like it. Nice system. Sounds good but not overly loud.

Old 03-04-2007 | 03:56 PM
|
Yea, that price included delivery, I probably should have made a lower offer but oh well, and I think I will be happy with it. I mainly wanted the performance gain of the exhaust and not so much a loud sound...

-Brian

Old 03-04-2007 | 04:06 PM
Y'all got good deals...I paid $408 last fall...As for an explanation, use the old "Improve Gas Mileage" one...all the times I've used it, I should be getting 20 mpg...

Old 03-09-2007 | 06:15 PM
|
okay, questions guys. I just finished up the installation and went for a test drive when I got back the tail pipe was hanging at a bad angle. The piece between the tailpipe and muffler and the tailpipe piece don't seem to want to connect very well. Did anyone else have this problem? I really used some force and clamped them back but am worried that it will move again. Just wanting to hear from everyone else that has this system installed. Thanks

-Brian

Old 03-09-2007 | 06:20 PM
Can you post some pictures of it?

Old 03-09-2007 | 07:11 PM
|
I will post a pic tomorrow to better illustrate what I am trying to describe since I am loosing daylight tonight. Basically if your looking at the magnaflow instructions page. The last two pieces towards the back of the exhaust system. The piece with the tip and the piece that that connects to before it gets to the muffler. Where those last two pieces connect over the axle it was very hard to push them together to clamp. It is almost like the hanger on the piece between the tip and the muffler needs to be a little over an inch longer. I just made it back from where I installed it at (30 mile drive) and it seemed to hold fine. I'm just worried because those pieces don't fit together as good as everything else did. If it pops out again I will just go to a muffler shop to have them tweak it.

-Brian

Old 03-09-2007 | 09:07 PM
|
Going to call and try to get into an exhaust shop tomorrow morning, after going out to eat and checking it when I got home, the pieces has come loose again and as a result the tailpipe is slightly pointing down. Very frustrating on the fitment of this product. I also had an issue with the inlet pipe, the hanger was cracked and bent. I will have the muffler shop take care of that also I guess...

-Brian

Old 03-09-2007 | 11:20 PM
Zig
One thing I noticed while installing mine was that the front of the muffler the intake is in the center while in the rear it is offset to one side. The instructions don't tell which way to orient this so you have a 50% chance of getting it right. When I installed mine the I had the outlet facing to the outside of the truck. It went together but I wasn't really happy with the way it sat and the rubber part of the hanger didn't seem to be sitting quite right. It also seemed to stick out really far from the body. Well the next weekend I undid the muffler and rotated it 180 degrees and it sits perfect now with the outlet facing toward the center of the truck. I have some before pictures in my gallery. I'll try and get some after pictures this weekend.

Old 03-10-2007 | 08:22 AM
|
Originally Posted by Zig
One thing I noticed while installing mine was that the front of the muffler the intake is in the center while in the rear it is offset to one side. The instructions don't tell which way to orient this so you have a 50% chance of getting it right. When I installed mine the I had the outlet facing to the outside of the truck. It went together but I wasn't really happy with the way it sat and the rubber part of the hanger didn't seem to be sitting quite right. It also seemed to stick out really far from the body. Well the next weekend I undid the muffler and rotated it 180 degrees and it sits perfect now with the outlet facing toward the center of the truck. I have some before pictures in my gallery. I'll try and get some after pictures this weekend.

I know what you are saying, but the way the pipes are I didn't think you could put it on but one direction. Not sure how to describe what I am saying but I didn't think it was possible to install the muffler incorrectly....

-Brian

Old 03-10-2007 | 12:55 PM
|
Okay, I impacted the hell out of those clamps and then had a shop fix one of the hangers. It was cracked from Magnaflow, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of getting them to send another piece and replace it... so far so good.

-Brian

Old 03-10-2007 | 03:14 PM
Zig
Okay, I impacted the hell out of those clamps and then had a shop fix one of the hangers. It was cracked from Magnaflow, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of getting them to send another piece and replace it... so far so good.

-Brian
Hopefully that works for you. This is what I was talking about as far as the orientation of the muffler. See how the outlet is on the right...I rotated the muffler so that it was on the left and it fit a whole lot better. Hope your fix works for you.

Old 03-12-2007 | 12:25 AM
I had the same loose tail pipe problem, so I went to muffler shop and bought 7 dollar band clamp. Fixed problem completely, now no movement.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow 16612 ordered!