05 SCREW exhaust options

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 SCREW exhaust options

Alright so basically exhaust is not really my area of expertise. I got a few questions on what i should do. I am looking for something that sounds good, mean, but not obnoxious.

Now, should I

A) cut the Y-pipe and run duels from the cats. and if i go this way, should i go with 2 mufflers or a duel in duel out muffler.

B) leave the Y-pipe and go with a single in duel out muffler

Now ideally milage gains are always good, but power and definetly sound are also important. When i stomp it, i wanna hear the power screaming out the *** end. I already have the cold air intake and it sounds awesome, but i need the exhaust now.

Also what kind of muffler should i be looking for? I know everything about trucks, but exhaust has always eluded me. also, do headers help with milage gains?

I know i asked alot guys, but you know your stuff. Thanks in advance as well

Old 03-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did a sido Magnaflow. I picked up almost 1.5 MPG. I think it's the 14", might be the 18". Can't remember. It sounds great. I don't have any experience with headers.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magnaflow's sound good on our trucks I have 2 magnaflow's on mine 4X9 ovals it sounds great I also had the Magnaflow 16614 SIDO kit also sounds good. I now have Pacesetter longtubes as well it sounds great and I get 19-21 HWY

Quick Reply: 05 SCREW exhaust options