New S&B arrived today

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007 | 01:38 PM
I just put mine on the other day. I was pretty happy with it overall. It does have some drone under acceleration but it wasn't that bad. I left the battery disconnected for about an hour at first and got no CEL the first day I had it installed. The next day I drove the truck though and got a CEL. I called S&B. They said to disconnect the battery again. I left it unhooked for three hours. Has been three days now and no CEL. Hope I don't get one again or I might be returning mine also. I would think that if it has been ok now for three days then it should be ok. That was my only compliant though. Nice looking kit and install wasn't to hard.

Old 03-16-2007 | 01:49 PM
Question Question...

Has anyone found dyno results for this? I did come across some dyno results, I think it was from the 'most powerful intake'... one source was just MAX numeric data, and one graph that starts at 3500 rpm....

I (like everyone else probably) would like to see a dyno graph from off idle.... for me... the power it makes at 2200 rpm is WAY more important than what it makes at 5300 rpm.

It would be great to get all the dyno results together in one thread.... not sure how relevant my question is... as I have an 5.4l 2v...

Old 03-16-2007 | 02:25 PM
Hmmm...may have to swap out the ol AF1 and get this S&B...it looks really nice

Old 03-16-2007 | 07:08 PM
undeaddemon

Getting dynos made from idle to redline can easily be done with manual transmission vehicles, however, most trucks have automatics. Dynos are usually done around 3rd gear and when you floor it, the tranny drops into second and thus about 3500 rpm plus.

So unless the dyno shop can get a hold of a manual tranny truck, your wait may be long to see a dyno that gives meaningful data starting at 2200 rpm.

Old 03-18-2007 | 10:39 AM
where did you get it and how much, that is what i want!

Old 03-18-2007 | 03:11 PM
Old 03-18-2007 | 06:42 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by torqueaholic
undeaddemon

Getting dynos made from idle to redline can easily be done with manual transmission vehicles, however, most trucks have automatics. Dynos are usually done around 3rd gear and when you floor it, the tranny drops into second and thus about 3500 rpm plus.

So unless the dyno shop can get a hold of a manual tranny truck, your wait may be long to see a dyno that gives meaningful data starting at 2200 rpm.
My dyno experience comes in the form of a water brake system. Just take a motor... hook it up (not really that easy... but you get that its out of the truck...) Its main use is test race motors. The guy that owns it really only deals in race applications, rarely gets involved with street applications.

Though it may be unlikely, I still would like the info!

Old 04-21-2007 | 12:17 PM
They tell you to conect the oval tubes first and then push onto the TB. I noticed on mine the bushing onto the TB is a little up on the back side. I was wondering if this is normal. Almost like the TB is angled back and the bushing is going on straihght down. I am all for a little noise, but I dont know if mine is normal or if something is vibrating, but when i just get on it a little I get a pretty loud noise from it. Anyone else with the S&B please tell me if this is normal before I go crazy trying to fix it. Thanks.

Quick Reply: New S&B arrived today