Stock headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007 | 01:54 AM
|
Stock headers

It sounds like most of you kept your stock headers and just replaced everything from there back. I wasn't planning on doing this but the variety of headers that fit the 5.4 3v is pretty limited and expensive(JBA what the hell are they thinking about), especially if you want long tubes. I guess I could always go back and change my headers out at a later date. Would that be a P.I.T.A.?
Would it matter if you get the exhaust done after the EDGE? Don't you just program the EDGE with what your set-up is?

Old 03-21-2007 | 02:17 AM
Global Moderator &
Ive heard headers are a pain, ive never done a set on these trucks so i cant speak from experience.

You will need 02 simulators to be able to run LT headers w/o cats

And most people actually replace from the catalist convertor back, thus the name Cat-back exaust.
-Patrick

Old 03-21-2007 | 10:53 AM
just replace the stock muffler with one that sounds good and then save up the cash to go from headers back. That way you don't waste money on something that you may not use for long.
I would suggest: Dynatech long tube headers, 2 high flow cats, Xpipe, dual SI/SO's

Old 03-21-2007 | 05:44 PM
Global Moderator &
But if you really are insistant about doing the headers shoot me an email, and we can throw it up on a lift at school

Quick Reply: Stock headers