JLT RAI w/ Edge Evo

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007 | 09:48 PM
|
JLT RAI w/ Edge Evo

Is anyone running the JLT Ram Air Intake (5.4L 3V) with the Edge Evolution? If so any tuning advice? JLT is peddling the SCT Live Wire Tuner with the RAI saying "don't run the JLT without a tune", but I already have the best tuner out there which is the Evo. Just wondering.

Old 03-26-2007 | 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by sincebeen
but I already have the best tuner out there which is the Evo.
FYI an SCT tuner with Troyer Peformance tunes is the best.But to answer your question, I don't know of anyone running the intake you speak of.

Old 03-26-2007 | 10:30 PM
With the JLT and proper tuning you will gain 30-35 hp on the 3V 5.4's. Without proper tuning you WILL run lean with the JLT, I'm not sure if the JLT is compatible with the Edge though. I'd be skeptical due to the Edges cracker-box generic pre-loaded tunes, Troyer tuned XCal2/Livewire is the only way to go in my opinion.

Old 03-27-2007 | 07:00 AM
Hi Park;

I agree. But save your breath - 'Sincebeen' has already made up his mind & probably won't listen anyway. Despite all the evidence already posted - but then again I think actually researching the answer for himself is beneath him.

It states, plain as day, that a 'custom tune' is required - have a look (near bottom of page @ this link):

http://jlttruecoldair.com/zencart/in...products_id=94

Tell ya what sincebeen - don't let pesky little things like facts, common sense & the manufacturer's warning stop ya - go ahead and try your "crackerbox generic tunes" - LOL!) with the JLT & tell us how you properly & safely corrected for that intake. Then post how back here.

Good grief - another Darwin candidate .... they're poppin' up everywhere - must be spring

Cheers
Bubba

Last edited by MGDfan; 03-27-2007 at 12:42 PM. Reason: typos ...
Old 03-27-2007 | 12:08 PM
"cracker-box generic tunes" = didn't think that it would be that funny, but now that I look at it and you mentioned it.

Old 03-27-2007 | 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by ParkM
"cracker-box generic tunes" = didn't think that it would be that funny, but now that I look at it and you mentioned it.
Yah - it 'cracked' me up

Quick Reply: JLT RAI w/ Edge Evo