2?'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 02:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2?'s

First off, I am glad I found this forum!

I have done the reading on the intakes and have come to this conclusion; to purchase the AF1 intake, the one where no tunes are needed. Has anyone found this cheaper than the toyers guy that is so highly reccommended? Always trying to save a buck ya know...

Also, I will be dualing this out with 40-series flowmasters (diehard fan of sound). I hate tips, cleaning all the time.... Do you get alot of noice in the cab by just dumping them over the rear axles? (which is legal in TX) Should they be straight or at the ground or inbetween?

Thanks in advance for the wisdom!

Old 03-31-2007, 09:03 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by cbrook
First off, I am glad I found this forum!

I have done the reading on the intakes and have come to this conclusion; to purchase the AF1 intake, the one where no tunes are needed. Has anyone found this cheaper than the toyers guy that is so highly reccommended? Always trying to save a buck ya know...

Also, I will be dualing this out with 40-series flowmasters (diehard fan of sound). I hate tips, cleaning all the time.... Do you get alot of noice in the cab by just dumping them over the rear axles? (which is legal in TX) Should they be straight or at the ground or inbetween?

Thanks in advance for the wisdom!
Hi & welcome

AF1 price - I looked a bit & his price is about the norm - what you do get is superb after-sale customer service, which can, by itself, make all the difference.

As a member here, you also get a discount - just let them know.

You can always check the classifieds on this site as well.

Turndowns - depends on your cab config/wheelbase, etc. Aimin' them straight at the ground will likely increase in-cab resonance some. You'll just have to try it - sound is very subjective.

good luck.

Cheers
Bubba