Best intake for a supercharged engine?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best intake for a supercharged engine?

I recently installed an Allen Kit (Eaton M90s supercharger) on my '97 4.6. The kit includes an intercooler and utilizes the stock intake. I'm not racing the truck, but do like to play, and I also tow a travel trailer in the Rockies on weekends.

With that information, does anybody have any specific opinions on what would be the best aftermarket intake?

I'm leaning toward the Outlaw at the moment, due to price, closed element, and their new non-oiled filter.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by billyw
I recently installed an Allen Kit (Eaton M90s supercharger) on my '97 4.6. The kit includes an intercooler and utilizes the stock intake. I'm not racing the truck, but do like to play, and I also tow a travel trailer in the Rockies on weekends.

With that information, does anybody have any specific opinions on what would be the best aftermarket intake?

I'm leaning toward the Outlaw at the moment, due to price, closed element, and their new non-oiled filter.

at that point i think any aftermarket intake that flows well will be good!

Old 04-06-2007, 07:50 PM
I agree, I recommend the Outlaw Power intake if they have one that fits with a supercharger. I just installed one on my truck.

A good intake makes a large difference on a supercharged vehicle. Superchargers like huge amounts of COLD air. My local dyno shop had a supercharged Silverado with K&N drop in and then they installed the Outlaw Power intake, they dyno'ed a real 20 hp gain to the wheels.

Originally Posted by billyw

Old 04-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any intake really... just get what you think looks the best

Quick Reply: Best intake for a supercharged engine?