Got my AF1 installed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007 | 11:32 PM
|
Got my AF1 installed.

I got an AF1 from Troyer this week and put in tonight.

Issue that I had:

1. Missing a screw. I didn't get the screw for the vibration dampener (blue rubber washer.). I need to call Troyer to see if they could send me one. I was able to jury rig the washer.

2. The shield doesn't look like it is lined up just right. It rubs up against the master cylinder. I took the rubber piece from the original bracket and put it in place between the shield and cylinder. Now no rub or bump.

3. The bolt that goes into the bottom of the pipe from the bracket was a giant pain in the ***. T

4. I had to cut the outer rubber trim to get it to fit properly. In all the pics it kind of shows it pre installed. A little misleading.

Overall, once installed it works like a charm. I have a Troyer tune already, so this piece was a welcome addition. I can really feel the difference in first gear as it doesn't feel restrained. It is not overly loud until you go WOT and makes a nice growl. It almost sounds like the engine wants to swallow the filter cone. I am going to do an exhaust set next. I am thinking the Lightning style that goes out the side. I might have that one installed by a pro though and save myself some hassle. I will post pics later.

Old 04-07-2007 | 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by high_lander
I got an AF1 from Troyer this week and put in tonight.

Issue that I had:

3. The bolt that goes into the bottom of the pipe from the bracket was a giant pain in the ***.
This was the only issue I had. The rest of the install was flawless.

I have a Troyer tune already
Can't wait for mine to come in, should only be a couple more weeks til I get'em.

Quick Reply: Got my AF1 installed.