loudest maggie

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007 | 05:19 PM
|
loudest maggie

well i have my flowmaster for a little over a year now and all i keep hearing is how they restrict air flow and decrease gas mileage. so i think im gonna make the switch to a maggie. my problem is, i like the loudness of my flowmaster and not sure which maggie will give me the same sound. i just want to replace the muffler, and ill probably dump it right before the axel. if anyone knows which is the best. please let me know. btw i have a '98 4.6L

Old 04-07-2007 | 08:54 PM
I believe Magnaflow makes a 14" that's pretty "throaty"... and from all I've read doesn't rob hp and low-end tq.. I went with borla because I like the sound, doesn't lower hp or tq either, and got me 1.8 mpg increase on the highway miles.. didn't see an intake listed on your mods, I just put one on and would highly recommend it.. the sound from under the hood is pretty cool and there's very nice difference in the throttle response.

Old 04-07-2007 | 11:58 PM
|
thanks. you wouldnt happen to know the model #? ive looked at them and they are all really confusing. i went to performancepeddler, but im not sure which is which.

Old 04-08-2007 | 12:05 AM
my Borla is #140136.. if you're looking for Borla go to borla.com, they guide you through what model for your truck.. not sure what part # for any magnaflows.. tho if you want to ORDER a borla, don't get it from their site.. I got mine from autopartswarehouse.com and it was $100 less than the borla site..

Old 04-08-2007 | 12:11 AM
|
whoa! $100. i really dont want to pay more than like $70, i liked the prices of the maggies at performance peddler. i just want to replace the muffler, not break my bank. im only 18 and i have a crappy job, so i think borla is out of the question for me

Old 04-08-2007 | 01:52 AM
LOL.. 18 + crappy job, understood! you won't go wrong with a Magna I think, tho I've never seen one for $70.. I'd grab that if you can

Old 04-08-2007 | 02:27 AM
|
performancepeddler.com has them for $65

Old 04-08-2007 | 06:41 AM
Hey Buckles, might want to check out dynomax also. I have a dynomax system and it sounds nice, get lots of compliments on the sound. Might be a little more in your price range. Not sure of part #s.
Oh and good looking truck. You just need to get some better looking head lights. The stock ones look a little yellowed. Stylinconcepts.com has a nice looking clear set for 149.00. They llok good and fit well. They would clean up the front end of your truck alot and match the clear corners.

Sled...

Old 04-08-2007 | 07:34 AM
Edit.......................

Last edited by Kevin24; 04-08-2007 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-08-2007 | 12:36 PM
?

Originally Posted by MmmBuckles
well i have my flowmaster for a little over a year now and all i keep hearing is how they restrict air flow and decrease gas mileage. so i think im gonna make the switch to a maggie. my problem is, i like the loudness of my flowmaster and not sure which maggie will give me the same sound. i just want to replace the muffler, and ill probably dump it right before the axel. if anyone knows which is the best. please let me know. btw i have a '98 4.6L
magnaflow magnapack

Old 04-08-2007 | 02:18 PM
|
Originally Posted by sleddogg
Hey Buckles, might want to check out dynomax also. I have a dynomax system and it sounds nice, get lots of compliments on the sound. Might be a little more in your price range. Not sure of part #s.
Oh and good looking truck. You just need to get some better looking head lights. The stock ones look a little yellowed. Stylinconcepts.com has a nice looking clear set for 149.00. They llok good and fit well. They would clean up the front end of your truck alot and match the clear corners.

Sled...
i know exactly what you mean about the headlights. ive been looking for a decent pair for a while, i cant stand the yellow crap ones i have now.

Quick Reply: loudest maggie